Newbie here
Scarlettkitten Offline
Thank you everyone, so many helpful tips. Hoping to do a bit of seed shopping today and see what I come up with.

Thank you again everyone and I wish I could reply to you but I love all the suggestions and will see what I get a hold and try to grow. Basil maybe a bit if a challenge as we killed a Basil plant but I may try again and add coriander too.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlettkitten's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Moth, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Basil doesn’t like to much water. I had trouble it basil until I started neglecting it  Wink .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlettkitten, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
If it was basil from a supermarket, they never last long. The growers massively overseed the pots so you can have 50 or more plants per small pot. Unless you split the rootball and put them into bigger pots, they don't survive for long, because they want you to go to the supermarket to buy another one. Wink
[-] The following 5 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlettkitten, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlettkitten Offline
(26-03-2021, 02:28 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: If it was basil from a supermarket, they never last long. The growers massively overseed the pots so you can have 50 or more plants per small pot. Unless you split the rootball and put them into bigger pots, they don't survive for long, because they want you to go to the supermarket to buy another one. Wink
Thank you that makes sense. I wonder how successful it is to try and grow from seeds, I could give it a go, wish me luck  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlettkitten's post:
  • Can the Man

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Hello Becky and a very, very belated welcome to the forum.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlettkitten

Scarlettkitten Offline
Hi and thank you for the welcome. Learning so much here. I have even started to harden off my plants, they seem to be doing fine but my parsley definitely going to need a bigger pot this weekend.
[-] The following 7 users Like Scarlettkitten's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Jay Offline
Hi Becky, good to meet you! Hope you enjoy G&G!!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlettkitten, Veggie

Scarlettkitten Offline
(02-04-2021, 02:16 PM)Jay Wrote: Hi Becky, good to meet you! Hope you enjoy G&G!!
Hi Jay and thank you for the welcome, really liking the forum, and learning a lot too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlettkitten's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie