Potatoes - 2021
Bren Offline
I’ve got Charlottes chitting in a bedroom, they’ll be eventually planted in recycling boxes (no longer needed) and a couple in buckets. Not sure when yet though.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, mcdood

toomanytommytoes Offline
Planted Charlottes 2 weeks ago. They're in 20 L pots in the greenhouse in a mixture of unfinished compost, old potting mix and coffee grounds. They take about a month or so to come up at this time of the year. If there's frost forecast I'll cover the foliage with Thermacrop.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, mcdood, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(23-03-2021, 06:28 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Planted Charlottes 2 weeks ago. They're in 20 L pots in the greenhouse in a mixture of unfinished compost, old potting mix and coffee grounds. They take about a month or so to come up at this time of the year. If there's frost forecast I'll cover the foliage with Thermacrop.
Hello TMTT

How many per pot and will they remain in the GH?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood

toomanytommytoes Offline
Two tubers per pot. The pots are filled right to the top, I don't bother earthing up. They'll go outside at some point in May. Will be mulched with grass clippings when available.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I have Sharps Exprss in 2 weeks now in a raised bed in the tunnel, I have roosters Nicola and a few Cara chitting in the garage, funny thing is I’ve had to throw outa few of the shop bought Nicolas and roosters because they were rotten, was getting a smell then tested the tubers and put my fingers through them, only had to throw out one of my own seed potatoes.
Will plant Nicola, roosters and Cara in about 2 weeks time when I uncover the ground and risk of frost is past. Might see if I can pick up a few golden wonders for late season.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, mcdood

Spec Offline
Planted some casablanca today, never tried them before, but they are supposed to be a very early variety, I used a bulb planter for making the holes for them, then spread more seaweed over the ground
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, mcdood

Broadway Offline
This morning I planted Maris Piper, Charlotte, and Pentland Javelin
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, mcdood, Vinny

mcdood Offline
Planted Swift, Pentland Javelin and Charlotte. Trying containers this year as was sick of the critters digging up the beds and wrecking the plants last year.
[-] The following 3 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I’m hoping to put some of mine in this weekend the ground has warmed up nicely.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, mcdood, Vinny

Bren Offline
Yesterday I planted 4 Charlottes one in each bucket leaving them in the GH the rest will be planted in a week or two into recycling boxes.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post: