The Shire.....
Broadway Offline
Took a few items over the plot this morning so decided to take a few more pictures. (The pictures are taken from more or less the middle of the plot)

Picture 1 is the area I've been working on to set up for the veg this year, pretty happy with this, some have been planted and the rest will be planted/sown as and when.

Picture 2 is the bottom end, as you can see it's being used for the compost bins and a storage/dumping area.

Pictures 3 - 5 show the middle area, I've included a picture of the bare ground which to me doesn't look too bad, it's been covered for about a year with weed membrane.

All that I need to do now is decide what to use it for, I still need a fruit area so may use some of it for this, I still have 8 pallet collars at my disposal.

Any ideas gratefully receivedSmile

Update - The area is roughly 8 x 6 metres

Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Vinny

mcdood Offline
Looks good Danny. Maybe Potatoes or squash for the 1st year as the foliage is always good to help suppress emerging weeds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcdood's post:
  • Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Good to have pics Danny. A lot of hard work gone into your plot. No real suggestions what to grow there, just make sure you grow what you like to eat or look at. Be mindful with say fruit trees the likelihood of shading other parts of the plot.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • mcdood, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(20-03-2021, 02:46 PM)mcdood Wrote: Looks good Danny. Maybe Potatoes or squash for the 1st year as the foliage is always good to help suppress emerging weeds.
Hi mcdood

I'd planned potatoes and squashes elsewhere at the plot but don't see why I can't grow moreSmile

Anything that stores well or freezes is worth a puntSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Vinny

Broadway Offline
(20-03-2021, 03:31 PM)JJB Wrote: Good to have pics Danny. A lot of hard work gone into your plot. No real suggestions what to grow there, just make sure you grow what you like to eat or look at.  Be mindful with say fruit trees the likelihood of shading  other parts of the plot.
Thanks Jen

Sorry I meant fruit bushes not treesSmile

Was thinking last night that I might bung some sweetcorn in as I've never grown it before, I know you like it as I saw in another thread, any tips?
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • mcdood, Vinny

mcdood Offline
"Any tips"

If you have squirrels on your site maybe teach yourself squirrel wrestling Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I avoid squirrels by planting in modules.

Danny I'll answer your query under the sweetcorn thread, then I might find it again in the future Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Vinny

mcdood Offline
(21-03-2021, 03:45 PM)JJB Wrote: I avoid squirrels by planting in modules.

Danny I'll answer your query under the sweetcorn thread, then I might find it again in the future Smile
I transplant too but its the cobs they nick
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcdood's post:
  • Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker

(21-03-2021, 03:50 PM)mcdood Wrote:

I transplant too but its the cobs they nick

Blimey!  Never had that problem, I'll count myself lucky then. Our grey squirrels haven't discovered sweetcorn yet.
Did get a corn burrowing  moth caterpillar in the cobs last year for the first time ever due, I believe, to hot temps in the spring.  Not too impressed with that.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • mcdood

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have a plastic Red Squirrel as an ornament in the garden but now the sun has faded the colours and it looks like a grey squirrel.  Rolleyes

Just thought I would drop that useless bit of information in. Blush
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, mcdood, Veggie