The Shire.....
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Go for it Danny, bb's and onions are hardy devils. My bb's are waiting to go in, they're a foot tall and complaining about root congestion. They didn't take too kindly to being put outside to harden off after being under glass all winter. I expect yours are far hardier.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Broadway

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Are you going to put up posts and wires for the raspberries Danny?

I am planning to put a couple of posts in with wires similar to the piccie I uploaded. I had them growing like this on my other plot with alternate canes being trained to opposite wires. Its handy for picking and stops them turning into a thicket. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • JJB

Broadway Offline
(04-03-2021, 04:37 PM)Vinny Wrote: Are you going to put up posts and wires for the raspberries Danny?

I am planning to put a couple of posts in with wires similar to the piccie I uploaded. I had them growing like this on my other plot with alternate canes being trained to opposite wires. Its handy for picking and stops them turning into a thicket. Smile
Thanks for the pic Vinny yes I was planning on bodging something togetherSmileSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • JJB

Broadway Offline
Sorted one of the raised beds, tidy, card, then manure.

Potted on 1 of each of my alliums(Babington Leek, Three-cornered Leek, Welsh Onion, Crow Garlic, Wild Garlic, Walking Onion, Walky Leek, Poireau perpétuel perennial) as I decided I wanted 1 of each in the back yard to watch and understand the differences. The rest will be going out into various locations in the plot or back yard if they are deemed invasive.

Partly sorted a 2nd raised bed, tidy & card, will manure tomorrow.

[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • doublyjonah, Eyren, JJB, mcdood, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
With the beds shown and the addition of pallet collar beds, you have quite a sizeable plot to play with.

Looking good. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons

doublyjonah Offline
All so organized and ready for the coming growing season, Danny! Are those pots with printed sticky labels?!?

Broadway Offline
(17-03-2021, 10:24 PM)Vinny Wrote: With the beds shown and the addition of pallet collar beds, you have quite a sizeable plot to play with.

Looking good. Smile
Cheers Vinny

Yes those 3 beds are linkabord kit I've had 10 years plus, nearly got rid a few years back as I thought my plot dream was over!

Yes I have some play area, the pallets are a new addition this year so I'm probably using 100% more space now and still have more! Probably not the best use of space but the layout suits my straight lines spreadsheet brainSmileSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(17-03-2021, 10:26 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: All so organized and ready for the coming growing season, Danny! Are those pots with printed sticky labels?!?
Thanks DJ

Yes labelled I got my dymo outSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • doublyjonah, JJB, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Those linkabord kits last forever - Mr E pulled ours out because I wanted deeper ones, but they're still very sturdy after a good decade or so in the garden so we've given them to our next-door neighbours who are renting. Hopefully it'll give them better crops than they were getting from the heavy clay soil alone!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Finished tidying the 2nd bed today.

The area in the next picture will be used for beans, courgettes, squashes, marrows, and maybe some other bits.

The greenhouse frame will be used for beans again, I prepared a trench last year so hopefully it will be good to go.

The square ish matting area in front of the GH will be where the courgettes/marrows go, I will plant through the membrane as last year it was a weed fest.

The long matting area to the side I've planned for trailing squashes, I have 4 different mini ones so will bung them in and let them go! Again through the membrane.

[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Eyren, Vinny