Edible and ornamental Containers/pots
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Is there a more attractive plant than Rainbow Chard? 
Wouldn't it look good in a planter with nasturtiums and feathery carrot leaves? Maybe a few red and green leaved lettuces and some Beetroot leaves with dill or fennel.
The permutations are endless!!
In other words, I'll not be growing begonias, busy Lizzies or geraniums this year (unless they fall into my flower pots for no money) but filling the pots with beautiful edibles - that I may, or may not eat.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Eyren, MartinH, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I think they would look beautiful. Like mini permaculture plots dotted all round your garden.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Eyren, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Have you started any of your edible containers yet? What combinations have you gone with?
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Not yet - but I am growing chard, summer leeks, wild rocket (toothed leaves), dwarf sugarsnaps in modules with pots in mind. Been tempted by Toscana strawberies with pink flowers but it doesn't seem right to buy them when I have plenty of white flowered strawbs already.

EDIT Also courgettes and, maybe, Crimson flowered broad beans, and some DFB.
Also some herbs like thyme, rosemary, dill, variegated oregano...........and carrots and beetroot and some fancy kale.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
My "Amoro" squash looked lovely in its pot last year - big showy leaves and massive yellow flowers that the bees loved, then a little vine of orange fruits trailing down the front in autumn.

I am growing some non-edible ornamentals this year, but mainly because a good proportion of them flower earlier than the vegetables, so they'll keep the bees fed during late spring and early summer. Though of course I could put the horned pansy flowers in a salad if I wanted to - there are certainly plenty of them!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile