Dieting
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Just raided the freezer for my KETO OMAD meal tomorrow at 1.00pm. 

Cauliflower cheese with lashings of extra cheese on top and a couple of broken up boiled eggs sprinkled over. Belly pork to cook in oven along with cauli and a couple of burgers. Just in case that's not enough three slices of frying steak. Smile

No idea of how many calories are there as I don't count calories but seems like enough to keep me going for another 24 hours. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-02-2021, 01:22 AM)Spec Wrote:
(25-02-2021, 10:49 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I hate diets - I like wine and sardines on toast. I wish I didn't Big Grin
Some years I'm thinner than others - I do find it easier when I'm not cooking for others as I "taste" it!

I don't like diets either Scarlet, and yes like you there are years when I was thinner than others, but sadly it seems to be in a previous year pattern Rolleyes Big Grin
Big Grin haha, same here!
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Spec, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(26-02-2021, 06:59 PM)Vinny Wrote: Mentions Bulletproof Coffee for my diet plan Tongue . Coffee, butter and coconut milk from what I can gather? Huh

I think it's coconut oil, not milk. That's to make you feel full.

If you're going to put butter in your coffee, why not just put double cream in? I'm sure the taste will be far better, and since butter is made from cream anyway, what's the difference? Apart from salt - and who puts salt in coffee?
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(27-02-2021, 09:40 AM)Moth Wrote:
(26-02-2021, 06:59 PM)Vinny Wrote: Mentions Bulletproof Coffee for my diet plan Tongue . Coffee, butter and coconut milk from what I can gather? Huh

I think it's coconut oil, not milk. That's to make you feel full.

If you're going to put butter in your coffee, why not just put double cream in? I'm sure the taste will be far better, and since butter is made from cream anyway, what's the difference? Apart from salt - and who puts salt in coffee?
I had a cup of coffee with cream when I first got up this morning. I like the sound of cream is OK but skimmed or semi skimmed/full fat milk isn't. Cool Don't ask me why but not complaining.
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Moth

Vinny Offline
Out of sorts this morning. No hunger pangs but feeling yuk. To cheer myself up I stepped on the scales and have dropped 1/2 a stone in this short amount of time. Cool
The problem is that I usually 'plateau' at about 10 lbs weight loss so have been reading up on how to counteract this. Apparently with One Meal a Day (OMAD) your body quickly gets used to it if you fast for the same period each day. By altering the fast duration you can fool the body into burning fat?
I am doing a 24 hour fast (KETO/OMAD) but may step it up to 36 hours or even 48 hours as I don't fancy eating through the night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Scarlet

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't understand how you can persuade your body to burn fat when most of what you're eating is high in fat???
.............and I think Fasting for days is crazy ...........and for me to think something is crazy, it must be!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Moth, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(28-02-2021, 05:07 PM)Veggie Wrote: I don't understand how you can persuade your body to burn fat when most of what you're eating is high in fat???
.............and I think Fasting for days is crazy ...........and for me to think something is crazy, it must be!
There is plenty of info on the net on  low carb diets and OMAD.

I don't understand how it works either, but deffo, against all odds, the low carb high fat and protein works for me. Cool

This is my first time of trying OMAD as well so the jury is out on that one. Smile

Each to there own though. Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's plenty on the net about the earth being flat but that's not to say its true. Wink

I hope this diet works the way you want it to and the lost pounds don't return when you start eating all that veg and fruit you're growing.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Spec Offline
After 2 weeks in hospital, when I came home I had lost one and a half stone, I did have 3 meals a day plus a supper, but the meals were smaller than I would have had at home but more than sufficient to eat, but I think the main contribution to the weight loss was that I never got any bread or biscuits to eat.Smile

Though they did take a big chunk of bones from my legRolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(28-02-2021, 07:14 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's plenty on the net about the earth being flat but that's not to say its true. Wink

I hope this diet works the way you want it to and the lost pounds don't return when you start eating all that veg and fruit you're growing.
There was a time I fancied joining the Flat Earth Society. Smile I do like to be a bit different. Rolleyes

If I was to do OMAD for life, the fruit and veg wouldn't be a problem.

This is just a trial, if it works out I may stay with it for life, if not, I've learned summat. The worst part is having to cook wholesome meals for OH while my stomach is rumbling. Cry

Top and bottom of it is, I need to lose weight for health reasons. My pie making craze is finally catching up with me.
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, mcdood, Scarlet, Veggie