Dieting
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(23-02-2021, 04:41 PM)Broadway Wrote: Without wanting to offend anyone or state the obvious doesn't it ultimately get down to how much you want/need to lose, this would surely have some input on the chosen method / diet / exercise?

I need to lose a beer gut!

I'm trying more exercise/walking and have cut out a few beers for alcohol free, apparently less calories.

True. Also it depends a lot on the person. I dislike exercise for its own sake (I hated PE at school from a very young age) and it takes a lot of exercise to shift significant amounts of weight. Mr E is happy to run for miles (he's done the occasional marathon), but that would bore me to tears!

Before lockdown I used to walk just under a mile to the bus stop in the morning and back again in the evening (often carrying shopping), but it had very little effect on my weight, probably because humans have evolved to be very calorie-efficient at walking.

So, cutting calories without starving myself is the most reliable and doable method for me. Cutting out snacks and junk, cutting down on starchy carbs (esp bread) and filling up on fresh fruit and veg, that kind of thing.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I feel some members need to tone down their choice of language!  Using words like exercise & alcohol free is just not acceptable  Big Grin Tongue  Wink
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 8 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, mcdood, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(23-02-2021, 05:31 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I feel some members need to tone down their choice of language!  Using words like exercise & alcohol free is just not acceptable  Big Grin Tongue  Wink
SmileSmileSmileSmile

And it's more expensive!!!!!!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(23-02-2021, 05:28 PM)Eyren Wrote:
(23-02-2021, 04:41 PM)Broadway Wrote: Without wanting to offend anyone or state the obvious doesn't it ultimately get down to how much you want/need to lose, this would surely have some input on the chosen method / diet / exercise?

I'm trying more exercise/walking and have cut out a few beers for alcohol free, apparently less calories.

True. Also it depends a lot on the person. I dislike exercise for its own sake (I hated PE at school from a very young age) and it takes a lot of exercise to shift significant amounts of weight. Mr E is happy to run for miles (he's done the occasional marathon), but that would bore me to tears!

Before lockdown I used to walk just under a mile to the bus stop in the morning and back again in the evening (often carrying shopping), but it had very little effect on my weight, probably because humans have evolved to be very calorie-efficient at walking.

So, cutting calories without starving myself is the most reliable and doable method for me. Cutting out snacks and junk, cutting down on starchy carbs (esp bread) and filling up on fresh fruit and veg, that kind of thing.
Exactly Eyren and that why one doesn't fit all. Whatever works for you, me, Vinny then we at least give it a try.

Mine would be easy, it's beer, if I stopped I'd be a rake but at 58, erm, I'd rather die happy.
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, mcdood, Veggie, Vinny

Jay Offline
After today’s Scottish lockdown announcement my diet is the see food diet...see food and eat it!!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 6 users Like Jay's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
(23-02-2021, 02:05 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My diet is unique. I’m eating & drinking what ever the hell I like and hoping beyond hope that building a house will help me shed a few pounds. More importantly help Bob shed vast quantities of
Pounds.

Dont Worry Sc, when building a house both Bob and yourself are guaranteed to lose "lots" of poundsRolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
(23-02-2021, 05:28 PM)Eyren Wrote:

I'm with you in that Eyren, I am not good at sticking to an exercise, PT at school had to be a bit of fun or I wasn't interested, though I was a school sports champion 3 years in a row, but that came from running after a milk van from 5am. every day when I was 11yrs.old till 15yrs. Also got caught by my boxing trainer, sitting at the side of the road having a smoke while I was supposed to be doing some road running, he didn't accept the story that I was waiting for the rest of them to catch upRolleyes but I still won a British championship
[-] The following 6 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
I am on a diet gotto a silly wieght and needed to shed plenty, my diet is set by the BHF and is mainly protein and veg, The diet is quite strict for two weeks and then 2 days of what they call bulking.

I have to be careful of leafy greens because of the vitamin K.

Fortunate I love fish and chicken
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 8 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, JJB, Mikey, Moth, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(23-02-2021, 08:27 PM)Admin Wrote: I am on a diet gotto a silly wieght and needed to shed plenty, my diet is set by the BHF and is mainly protein and veg, The diet is quite strict for two weeks and then 2 days of what they call bulking.

I have to be careful of leafy greens because of the vitamin K.

Fortunate I love fish and chicken
Assume you are warfarin thenSad
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Admin, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
Yep.....
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Eyren, Vinny