Dieting
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
If its a young shop assistant, I usually say "Aren't you going to ask me how old I am?"
Most of them are closer to my age anyway!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Eyren, Spec, Vinny

Spec Offline
(02-03-2021, 04:33 PM)Veggie Wrote: If its a young shop assistant, I usually say "Aren't you going to ask me how old I am?"
Most of them are closer to my age anyway!!

I take it when you say "closer to my age anyway" you mean they are within a 25 year proximity Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
Since the start of Lent - always a good time to think of shedding a few pounds - I have lost two and a half pounds.  Shy That's a lb a week, just by giving up anything containing flour, plus my breakfast porridge. I am allowing myself porridge at weekends because I really miss it. Nothing equalling Vinny's amazing loss, but good steady work. Apart from the flour thing, I eat what I like.

I've also discovered that staying out of the kitchen is the best way not to snack. Sleepy
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 4 users Like Moth's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Well done Moth. The positive reinforcement of a few pounds is a great morale boost. I've got rid of a couple of pounds but I'm losing heart and motivation rather than weight.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Moth, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have been in the kitchen cooking pies today. The temptation was overwhelming but I have managed to abstain. One corned beef /onion and potato pie cooked, one the same size added to freezer. Also made a black cherry pie. Smile

My 24 hour fast finished at 7.00pm and I am going to push the boat out a bit.

Corned beef pie, broccoli,swede and lashings of gravy. Cool Unsure whether to be a devil and and have a tiny bit of cherry pie as well.........just to taste it of course. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(04-03-2021, 03:40 PM)JJB Wrote: Well done Moth. The positive reinforcement of a few pounds is a great morale boost.  I've got rid of a couple of pounds but I'm losing heart and motivation rather than weight.

I keep thinking of one throw-away sentence I heard on TV in a program about eating healthily and maintaining a normal body weight - I can't remember the program, but I think it may have been Hugh F-W who turned to the camera and said "After all, it's you who's opening your mouth and shoving food in".

It was blunt enough to shock me, in the sense that it brought home an absolute true fact - the only person making me overweight was me.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Diets going really well, I am as fit as a butchers dog and 'feel' healthy. Dog wonders why my usual walks with him of 1/2 an hour have turned into full on 1.5 hour jaunts. Big Grin

Starting weight was 16.5 stones which for someone who is 5 foot 10 inches is very obese. Down to 15 stone now and my target weight is 14 stone which would be 1/2 stone more than my married weight 45 years ago!

Had my OMAD at 1.00pm yesterday (Sunday dinner without tatty) but prefer my OMAD about 7.00pm so will have a 30 hour fast today.

Working up to a 48 hour fast if I can make it in the future, just for the challenge. 24 hour fasts appears to be a doddle for me so should be OK.
The way its looking I will probably carry on with this fasting regime for the rest of my life. Wish I hadn't wasted time on other diets now. Rolleyes
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Congratulations Vinny, well done. Some impressive willpower there. I know from experience there comes a time when the diet should return to maintenance, and that is very difficult. Removing the restrictions just the right amount without putting weight on is challenging. How long did it take to shed the 1.5 stone. My 3 lb is paltry in comparison.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Well done fellaSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
(08-03-2021, 10:19 AM)JJB Wrote: Congratulations Vinny, well done.  Some impressive willpower there.  I know from experience there comes a time when the diet should return to maintenance, and that is very difficult. Removing the restrictions just the right amount without putting weight on is challenging.  How long did it take to shed the 1.5 stone.  My 3 lb is paltry in comparison.
14 days only. Cool I know this sounds like a yo yo diet and I will put it back on but I am determined not to, with all the health benefits. Once I hopefully get to my target weight I will still do OMAD but will add a few carbs to the equation to hopefully keep me at that weight.
Another bonus is its quite easy to plan meals for OMAD and I now have a weekly rota of meals I can 'tweak' easily if I get bored. Smile
The hardest part is trying to drink a gallon of liquid a day. I have to admit I rarely drink that amount, usually managing about 3 litres. Confused
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Moth