Essential oil
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have been experimenting with using herbs and spices from my spice rack in a pan of water on top of the woodburner. I peeled an orange and added some Cinnamon but got very little aroma from it. I tried Rosemary from the garden and it did work but for a limited time.
I am now thinking of using an essential oil but don't know what 'flavour' to use. There appear to be hundreds on the go. Has anyone got any tips and recommendations for summat that won't be too overpowering?

TVM in advance. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

toomanytommytoes Offline
This is where I got some blends from, my mum uses them in her diffuser. Some of them are really nice.

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/aromaenergy
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man

Bren Offline
I like Lavender its not overpowering and doesn't smell to manufactured.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(18-02-2021, 11:27 AM)Bren Wrote: I like Lavender its not overpowering and doesn't smell to manufactured.
I have lavender growing in he garden but suspect if I put some in a pan of water over stove the smell would be ok until the lavender was 'cooked' then it would vanish. Confused I would hope that maybe using lavender essential oil the smell would linger for longer. Huh

The orange peel and cinnamon did nowt!  Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Is this any help

https://www.diynatural.com/diy-essential-oils/
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

toomanytommytoes Offline
(18-02-2021, 11:53 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(18-02-2021, 11:27 AM)Bren Wrote: I like Lavender its not overpowering and doesn't smell to manufactured.
I have lavender growing in he garden but suspect if I put some in a pan of water over stove the smell would be ok until the lavender was 'cooked' then it would vanish. Confused I would hope that maybe using lavender essential oil the smell would linger for longer. Huh

The orange peel and cinnamon did nowt!  Rolleyes
Essential oils would work well I think. You only need a few drops to scent a room.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man