Disposable pie dishes.
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Maybe its just because I am a tight git, or maybe its because I can't be bothered to buy any more .Or possibly I have got my re-use /recycle head on. Smile
The aluminium disposable pie dishes are now washed out and re-used for future pies. Am I alone in this or has it just dawned on me only that its an environmentally friendly thing to do. They could also be used as bird scarers on a string?

What else are they good for? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Bren Offline
I've sown cress on them in the past and unwanted seeds as micro veg.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Never bought an aluminium/tinfoil dish in my life. Always reused any that I acquired.
Used to buy some sort of meal ?Chinese takeaway in a deep rectangular dish with a cardboard lid. They're great for freezing lasagnes, crumbles etc or for subdividing a bigger roasting tin if you want to keep some things isolated but not take up more space in the oven.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Many food containers get reused here. Aluminium or plastic. Seed trays, bird food saucers, drip catchers for pots. Old spread boxes hold apple pulp and blackberry coulis in the freezer. Some mushroom trays fit my 4 cell seed trays just right for the windowsill. Yoghurt pots get cut up for labels (especially for those giveaways), 4 pint milk bottles have been known to be cut down into scoops or mini cloches. Funnily enough I've never reused a pie plate for another pie Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Vinny