Weather
Mikey Offline
I have it on good authority that next weekend will feel like a heatwave. Brockway predicting temps upto 15 degrees. Time for me to prep the greenhouse.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Is that Derek the Weathersheep or Derek the Weather??
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Mikey Offline
There’s a weather sheep?, I must search out this guru.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
The Met Office is forecasting a balmy 12ºC here on Monday, which considering it's currently hovering around freezing, will feel like tropical warmth in comparison!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Overcast and breezy at 0°C here today. Next week might be warmer but I bet it'll be damp and miserable. Sad
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga

Spec Offline
It is forecasted to go away up to 6c here tomorrow then 7s and 8s for the rest of the week might need to look out the shorts
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Been 4-5’C here in Kildare but very windy so feels colder. We have been told temperatures will be up to 12’C next week, but I don’t know they told us we would have snow in the East this week and we barely seen a snowflake.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Bren Offline
(13-02-2021, 06:38 PM)Spec Wrote: It is forecasted to go away up to 6c here tomorrow then 7s and 8s for the rest of the week might need to look out the shorts

Eldest grandson wears shorts all year round   Confused    luckily he can in his job.   I'm sure the only  trousers  he wears are his motor bikes ones.

Spec Offline
(14-02-2021, 10:09 AM)Bren Wrote:
(13-02-2021, 06:38 PM)Spec Wrote: It is forecasted to go away up to 6c here tomorrow then 7s and 8s for the rest of the week might need to look out the shorts

Eldest grandson wears shorts all year round   Confused    luckily he can in his job.   I'm sure the only  trousers  he wears are his motor bikes ones.
my eldest grandson is the same Bren, you see so many young men going about in shorts nowadays, i couldn't wait to get into long trousers when I was younger, you didnt get long trousers till you were moving up to secondary school, then the next thing that put me off wearing shorts, i got my legs sunburned once and as I worked at the local furnaces even protected with heavy wool/cotton trousers my legs still got roasted, then when hill walking long trousers protected you from ticks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Broadway