Carbon footprint of food you buy
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(12-02-2021, 02:05 PM)Vinny Wrote: Just bought my first ever block of Tofu in this weeks shop! Sounds like some canny cooking ideas for it Eyren. Cool

Go for it!

This is where I got my original tofu recipe - the video is worth watching as it explains a lot about how to cook with tofu in general.

(BTW, the couple in this video lost an insane amount of weight going plant-based - I wish I could say the same, but I'm married to a Scotsman who loves his carbs and desserts!)

Written recipe: https://krocksinthekitchen.com/2019/05/2...ree-vegan/

If you don't have liquid aminos or coconut aminos, you could use reduced-salt soy sauce or a smaller amount of soy diluted with stock or water (aminos are less salty than soy).

The Krocks (that's their real surname, honest!) are also responsible for the "Grilled Chicken" tofu recipe (as mentioned in my previous post).

Lastly, there's my go-to tofu scramble recipe (N.B. there's a video version as well, but Sam the presenter is a little, ahem, enthusiastic so you might just want to read the blog instead!)

I usually make the plain version and serve it with other things in a vegan full English, but it's nice with the added veggies and black beans as well.

WARNING: this is an American recipe, and includes American chilli powder, which is a lot milder than the stuff you buy here. US chilli powder is kind of like the Tex-Mex equivalent of curry powder - a mix of herbs and spices for quick'n'easy flavouring of dishes. British chilli powder is typically 95% cayenne pepper with a dash of cumin - do not use US quantities of it in a recipe unless you want to blow your head off! You can find recipes online for making your own US-style chilli blend, which usually feature milder chillies like ancho, pasilla, guajillo and chipotle as well as hotter varieties such as cayenne.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Messages In This Thread
Carbon footprint of food you buy - by Admin - 12-02-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: Carbon footprint of food you buy - by Vinny - 12-02-2021, 09:43 AM
RE: Carbon footprint of food you buy - by Eyren - 12-02-2021, 09:53 AM
RE: Carbon footprint of food you buy - by JJB - 12-02-2021, 11:09 AM
RE: Carbon footprint of food you buy - by Eyren - 12-02-2021, 12:01 PM
RE: Carbon footprint of food you buy - by Vinny - 12-02-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Carbon footprint of food you buy - by Eyren - 12-02-2021, 03:21 PM
RE: Carbon footprint of food you buy - by Veggie - 12-02-2021, 02:27 PM
RE: Carbon footprint of food you buy - by Veggie - 12-02-2021, 04:27 PM