Windy weather
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
This has got to be the windiest year I've ever known. Confused

At present its howling down the chimney and causing mass destruction in the local area. Leaves and branches are all over the place as if autumn has come early.
Anything without any weight is being blown around the garden.

I was at the allotment earlier and was glad to get out of the greenhouse where I am sure the glass was pulsating with he wind. I am now at the point of 'sod it' let it do what it will and I will clear up the mess once it calms down. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

SarrissUK Offline
I agree, it's been very windy this year. It dries everything out so quick too, as well as being destructive.

I had hoped to have some compost delivered to the allotment in bulk this weekend, but none of the suppliers have responded, so I've resorted to buying it at the cheap german stores instead, which actually is cheaper. 10 40 litre bags today. I'll be going back to the allotment tomorrow, so will be emptying the car then.

I tried getting on with stuff in the back garden when I got home but it's too windy. So now I'm studying! (well I should be!!)
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
It’s been very windy here in Ireland since Tuesday night, lots of stuff blowing round the garden, even the hanging shelves in the poly tunnel are swaying. I had to move my pots with sunflowers round the front of poly tunnel for some protection
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Big trees in full leaf, thrashing about over my head, put me off doing my garden patrol today. Kept the GH doors closed even though its been very hot in there. Hope it subsides soon.
Another good reason to stay Home, Stay safe.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Bren Offline
The winds been howling in our chimneys all day even having music on isn't enough to drown it out Sad bit bored of it now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Vinny

Neffa Offline
Wind, then rain then sun then calm then wind then wet then........
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neffa's post:
  • JJB

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Wind rain and cold here in Ireland no sunshine Sad.
Turned the heating on it’s so cold
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.