Setting up a propagation bench in the GH
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
    Ok, so probably not those most cost effective but here's me setting up my new heated bench - and yes, super excited!!!

Polystyrene from the builder!

Polystyrene laid on top of a sheet of plywood ( left over from sons covid/summer DiY project)
Taped up with a bit of gaffer tape - stolen from the builderWink

The heat mat comes delivered in a roll with the thermostat attached. Roll this out on the top of the polystyrene

Cover the polystyrene with a sheet of durable plastic - I had some pond liner left over from my pond/well refurb a few years ago

I cut it to fit the table and used the gaffer tape to stick it down - hoping to take this back up in May - so it's not a permanent fixture. I need this space for Tom's!

The thermostat is attached to the heat mat via a wire and then the thermostat has this probe - I unwound the wire and placed the probe flat on top of the pond liner

I then covered the table in capillary matting - sandwiching the whole lot.

With proper DIY technique I then zip tied the thermostat to the glazing boards on the greenhouse windows.

Set up and ready to plug in and test tomorrow.
Possibly would be better if I'd made a wooden box? But I think this will do for me.
All ready for my dahlia cuttings Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting up a propagation bench in the GH - by Scarlet - 20-02-2021, 11:35 PM