Setting up a propagation bench in the GH
Spec Offline
(21-02-2021, 06:14 AM)Scarlet Wrote: I have builders here at the moment - I just asked him where I could get some polystyrene and he said leave it with me I have some scraps. It came in long strips and a few big squares - perfect for free Smile

Free is a good, so accept it at that priceBig Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

Spec Offline
(21-02-2021, 12:38 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(21-02-2021, 12:56 AM)Spec Wrote: Veggie did you notice the stuff that could be used to make a hotbinBig Grin
I did Wink
Scarlet would need to scrounge a bit more from the builders and she could make a Hotbin as well. Smile

EDIT I must have been asleep and missed all the previous posts. Sorry!!

I am not going to say anything to that edit, other than understandable Big GrinBig Grin

Broadway Offline
Hi Scarlet

I raised a new thread on heat mats obviously forgetting this one!

Anyway would be interested on how you got on?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-12-2021, 06:58 PM)Broadway Wrote: Hi Scarlet

I raised a new thread on heat mats obviously forgetting this one!

Anyway would be interested on how you got on?
Well, Spec said I could do it much cheaper - I just switch off on DIY jobs?? But what I got I LOVE Smile, you may be able to do the same for much cheaper? 

It worked brilliantly, it really made a huge difference - I didn't have to do the trips in and out in Spring and I had short sturdy plants...I made a fleece tent. When that came down if it wa a frost forecast at night I laid fleece over the top and took off on the morning. Used if in October for getting my late flower cutting going too. Cant wait to switch it on in Feb!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Interesting! I've just ordered two heat mats and a thermostat with a similar project in mind! My project is just a smaller scale Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Broadway, Scarlet, Veggie