Setting up a propagation bench in the GH
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I know it sounds a lot but I will get lots of fun with this. Just a little bit excited Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm jealous, also of Eyren's Geopod.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • mcdood, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm sure you could, Spec, but I'm with Scarlet on this. I'd rather pay more for a proper job that risk playing about with electrics and water when I have no idea how to do it.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I just didn't have the confidence to get it all working. My OH has his own hobbies so I wouldn't get much help there - he does enough digging over stuff when I can't always do it.
Just setting up a box and getting all the bits in was worrying for me. This is expensive compared to doing one myself but I think it was the best solution for me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
Scarlet just read the post where you said you have bought the heat mat, I wish you well with it, one thing I would recommend is using some fleece to protect your plants from the cold at night, your seeds and cuttings need to be kept moist but I have found that, as no doubt you know after taking cuttings from a dahlia and leaving it in a moist atmosphere can cause the plant to get mould
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Scarlet

Spec Offline
(08-02-2021, 08:18 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'm sure you could, Spec, but I'm with Scarlet on this. I'd rather pay more for a proper job that risk playing about with electrics and water when I have no idea how to do it.

Sorry Veggie I thought that I had deleted that post before anyone had read it, I had missed Scarlets post saying she had bought a mat, and I didn't want her to think I was criticising in any way, it was intended as advice for her
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Spec Offline
And now discovered Scarlet read it as wellRolleyes sorry girls Smile
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Its ok Spec, we all do whatever we're capable of, and, when we're not, we have to pay someone to do it for us. Of course, if you'd lived nearer.......Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet

Spec Offline
Yes I would have been happy to make one for her though the shape might have put her off, broad at the top tapering a bit at the baseBig Grin
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Spec Offline
Oh and the girls bit is meant in the generic term, before you start to build your hopes up
  • Scarlet, Veggie