Germination temperatures & tips from Real Seeds
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Real Seeds advice 
https://realseeds.co.uk/germination.html...EVK-N33jkI
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, mcdood, Small chilli

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I don't think we have too many problems with mice at the moment, as I direct-sowed sugar snaps and CFBs last year and nearly all of them came up. That said, someone small enough to get down the narrow entrance tunnel was eating the hedgehog food last autumn and I'm not entirely convinced it was hedgehogs!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I was surprised at how low the temperature can be for sowing brassicas and alliums. Cool

I have sown chillies in the propagator with very few germinating. Take them out of the propagator and onto the windowsill, and they start germinating. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Eyren, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(05-02-2021, 12:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: I was surprised at how low the temperature can be for sowing brassicas and alliums. Cool

This is why our medieval ancestors mainly ate onions and cabbages as their vegetables Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

mcdood Offline
I found this on an alternative site, first figure is lowest, middle is optimum, last figure is max. Not the best format but worth a comparison.

Beetroot 8, 28, 33, Broccoli 7, 25, 30, Brussels Sprouts 6, 3o, 35, Cabbage 10, 30, 35, Carrot 7, 25, 30, Cauliflower 8, 23, 30 Celery 15, 20, 24, Cucumber 20, 30, 35, Kale 10, 32, 37, Leek 8, 25, 30, Lettuce 7, 18, 23, Onion 10, 23, 33 Parsley 10, 23, 30, Parsnip 10, 17, 20, Pea 15, 23, 27, Pepper 18, 30, 37 Tomato 5, 27, 33 Turnip 15, 30, 38.
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I usually use the chart at https://tomclothier.hort.net/page11.html
Its been printed off and stuck inside the seed cupboard door.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • mcdood, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(05-02-2021, 01:08 PM)Eyren Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 12:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: I was surprised at how low the temperature can be for sowing brassicas and alliums. Cool

This is why our medieval ancestors mainly ate onions and cabbages as their vegetables Big Grin
Apparently pottage was one of the staples, made with peas and whatever else they could chuck in the pot methinks!  Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons