Sweet peas
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Every year I forget to sow Sweet peas and I nearly did this year too!! 
This evening, I've sown Wiltshire Ripple, Old Spice, Old Times and Athena.
I started with good intentions, meaning to label each variety and grow them separately until I dropped some seeds and they got muddled with the rest!!
It'll be random Sweet peas this year. Smile

Who else is growing them?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli, Spec

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’d like to join you, I love sweet peas. But I’m only growing perennial flowery things. So they grow big ready to go into their new home. I didn’t grow any sweet peas last year, I really missed them.
I might sow a couple  Smile .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mamzie, Spec, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
Our Tianna is the sweet pea grower here, but we normally sow later. Hmmm, can I spare the indoor space lol x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
We have a lush bankful above a stone wall, that just come back year after year. They were already here when we bought house derelict. No scent, but lots of bees and beauty x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 4 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
(20-01-2021, 11:01 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’d like to join you, I love sweet peas. But I’m only growing perennial flowery things. So they grow big ready to go into their new home. I didn’t grow any sweet peas last year, I really missed them.
There is a perennial sweet pea, Lathyrus latifolius. DT Brown have a mixed packet in that Gardener's World catalogue, I think.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Mamzie, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-01-2021, 12:48 AM)toomanytommytoes Wrote:
(20-01-2021, 11:01 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’d like to join you, I love sweet peas. But I’m only growing perennial flowery things. So they grow big ready to go into their new home. I didn’t grow any sweet peas last year, I really missed them.
There is a perennial sweet pea, Lathyrus latifolius. DT Brown have a mixed packet in that Gardener's World catalogue, I think.
Yeah I’ve got some of those. Knowing how they climb & grip on to things. Even keeping them in a pot is going to be a fight to relocate when the time comes. So I’m trying really hard to not sow any. It’s very very difficult  Big Grin .
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Spec, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-01-2021, 11:19 PM)Mamzie Wrote: Our Tianna is the sweet pea grower here, but we normally sow later. Hmmm, can I spare the indoor space lol x
Germinate indoors and put them in a greenhouse or coldframe. They do much better grown hard I think.

I have tried loads of times to grow the perennial sweet pea - can you save some for our seed swap Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Mamzie, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Here's mine.

Autumn sown and in the Greenhouse - all branching off. 

Autumn sown and left outside all the time - somewhere sheltered - still they have branched but some leaves look a bit battered. Though I'm sure they will be fine. No cover. My project this year is maybe try to make a large coldframe - laden with mouse traps - sorry veggies

These I started in Early Jan. They are in the Greenhouse under cloches - just because of mice. I think they are probably getting leggy?

[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, Mamzie, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sweet pea seeds are in soaking.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mamzie, Spec, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
Ohh yes, saving for the seed swap would be a great idea. These Sweet peas have survived decades of neglect at 1400ft on side of welsh mountain so very hardy. They were a fab bonus when we moved here x
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Scarlet, Spec, Veggie