Vaccine roll out.
Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(26-01-2021, 05:43 PM)Bren Wrote: Hopefully your Mum won’t have to wait to long Moth.

Had a call from the surgery today to say the district nurse will come and do my mother's vaccination on Saturday. They won't do me, even though like Vinny, I get carer's allowance, and gave up work 2 years ago to be her sole carer. I have to wait for my age group, but the speed they are going, it shouldn't be a long wait.

Still, it's a result!
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 6 users Like Moth's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(28-01-2021, 02:37 PM)Moth Wrote:
(26-01-2021, 05:43 PM)Bren Wrote: Hopefully your Mum won’t have to wait to long Moth.

Had a call from the surgery today to say the district nurse will come and do my mother's vaccination on Saturday. They won't do me, even though like Vinny, I get carer's allowance, and gave up work 2 years ago to be her sole carer. I have to wait for my age group, but the speed they are going, it shouldn't be a long wait.

Still, it's a result!
Nice one Moth, at least your Mum will be coveredSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Moth, Veggie

Broadway Offline
So far my Mum has refused to have it!

It's very frustrating plus difficult to communicate with her, her being in London with selective hearing and me in Notts.

She is still being off with me and Mrs B because we didn't make London for Christmas.

I've been thinking of something wacky and actually writing (probably typing) her a letter to hopefully clear the air and get things rolling! (Will pop it in her birthday card for FebSmile)
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Send your Mum a card now, to show you're thinking of her - don't wait until her birthday. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Moth, Scarlet, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-01-2021, 02:49 PM)Broadway Wrote: So far my Mum has refused to have it!

It's very frustrating plus difficult to communicate with her, her being in London with selective hearing and me in Notts.

She is still being off with me and Mrs B because we didn't make London for Christmas.

I've been thinking of something wacky and actually writing (probably typing) her a letter to hopefully clear the air and get things rolling! (Will pop it in her birthday card for FebSmile)
I agree with VC, many of us are feeling very lonely...2 cards in one month won't hurt and I'm sure it will lift her spirits.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Moth, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Yup you are right ladies, I will trot down the canal to the shop tomorrowSmile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Moth, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
It looks like the 20th of Feb for me, but apparently some folk have been moaning about the time they have to wait to get the vaccination it beats me why people forget that just three months ago there was no date fixed and now even if your neighbour has has been vaccinated there will always be someone who will be last and if it happens to be you or I so what we are still better off than many others, so be patient and thankful Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Bren Offline
(28-01-2021, 02:37 PM)Moth Wrote:

Still, it's a result!
That’s good news Moth Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Moth, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(28-01-2021, 05:37 PM)Spec Wrote: It looks like the 20th of Feb for me, but apparently some folk have been moaning about the time they have to wait to get the vaccination it beats me why people forget that just three months ago there was no date fixed and now even if your neighbour has has been vaccinated there will always be someone who will be last and if it happens to be you or I so what we are still better off than many others, so be patient and thankful Smile
Nice one SpecSmile

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(28-01-2021, 03:14 PM)Veggie Wrote: Send your Mum a card now, to show you're thinking of her - don't wait until her birthday. Smile

VC is absolutely right.
My brother in Yorkshire and my sister in the States regularly send my mum flowers and a little note. It lets her know she is always in their thoughts, and lifts her spirits no end.  Her two granddaughters (in their forties) also occasionally send  their grandmother a chatty card telling her what they are doing and how their families are, which I read to her. As she is hard of hearing and has almost no vision now, chatting over tinterweb is not possible, so she loves to get written cards.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie