Vaccine roll out.
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-01-2021, 01:46 AM)Mamzie Wrote: My last day of uncaring freedom was the Cardiff Seed Swap, where I got to meet up with Veggie.
I remember that day well - I had to fight you off from taking all the seeds I wanted.Wink

Only joking - it was lovely to meet you and your family and I hope that, when this virus finally packs it bags and clears off, we can meet up again. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Mamzie, Small chilli, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Great news Mamzie - the UK really has got a handle on the vaccine roll-out. The in-laws had jab one last week, and my mum today. They're all mid-late eighties.

While our infection/death figures are not too horrific here in France the vaccine roll out has been very, very slow and the potential takeup low (40% are saying no, including two nurses I know). As someone who takes immunosuppressants but is other wise healthy, I'm not sure if I should be happy or worried that I'm not considerd worthy of early vaccination!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
Good for you Mamz Smile
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

Jimny14 Offline
Good news Mamzie, did you have Pfizer or astra zenica(oxford)? I'm front line health worker so had mine last week. I had the oxford vaccine and had a constant head ache for 3 days but apart from that no side effects.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I get it next Tuesday. I think it's likely ten Oxford as will be at our GPs x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 5 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
Good news Mamzie.

My mum is 102, the community nurse came to give her the usual quarterly B12 injection today. I asked about the covid vaccination. Apparently our group of surgeries hasn't even had any delivered yet.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 5 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(20-01-2021, 12:42 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Great news Mamzie - the UK really has got a handle on the vaccine roll-out. The in-laws had jab one last week, and my mum today. They're all mid-late eighties.

While our infection/death figures are not too horrific here in France the vaccine roll out has been very, very slow and the potential takeup low (40% are saying no, including two nurses I know). As someone who takes immunosuppressants but is other wise healthy, I'm not sure if I should be happy or worried that I'm not considerd worthy of early vaccination!

In the UK the ONS counts deaths  "with" covid and "from" covid. A lot of countries only count deaths "from" covid. It makes a significant difference to the toll.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Vinny

Mamzie Offline
Funnily enough I was up having my B12 injection yesterday, I get it every 8 weeks, as was a contributory factor in the amounts of falls I have. Its our first GP clinic for the vaccines next week, relieved they have posted that the vaccine stock has arrived today Smile

It surprised me, in the GP post they say they are treating the 80+ and CEV group. But our 85+ are traveling to the Vaccine sites that are running here, where the Pfizer vaccine I believe is used, then those clinics are moving onto contact 75-80 group. My relatives, one 96 had to travel last weekend for theirs. NB this is Wales x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Roll out is different with every area although I'm not sure it's that relevant until most of the population has been given the vaccine?

The stats suggest that only 2 out of every 3 people that have the Oxford vaccine, if get covid won't get symptoms. So 1 in 3 will get symptoms?
So if only one person in the family gets the vaccine, they have to continue to isolate just in case any other family member brings it into the household.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

Mamzie Offline
Indeed, very true. I was amazed how many people didn't realise you could still get ill even with a vaccine. I have the flu annually and the Pneumonia one every 5 years or so. I am just hopeful it will help my body to defend better against covid, atm I have very little chance x
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Bren, Veggie