2021 - How's your weather today?
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
It's so cold today - I have a feeling sowing my lupin seeds in November may not have been a good idea! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Weather men/women got it wrong big-style again yesterday! Rolleyes

Before I went to bed last night I checked the weather on the BBC website. Heavy snow was predicted all night and today. I went to bed, snuggled up, left my socks on and prepared for a 'hap up' when I got up. Imagine my surprise when I looked out the bedroom window this morning and.......nothing? Huh

Just checked the BBC weather site again and now it says " Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze for today!" which is right, but any daft sod could tell that just looking out the window. Rolleyes

I'm sure I could do there job with the amount of times they get it wrong!

Thats moan over for today so I'm glad I got that out of my system! Big Grin Didn't fancy wading through deep snow anyway.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(02-12-2021, 09:53 AM)Vinny Wrote: Weather men/women got it wrong big-style again yesterday! Rolleyes

Before I went to bed last night I checked the weather on the BBC website. Heavy snow was predicted all night and today. I went to bed, snuggled up, left my socks on and prepared for a 'hap up' when I got up. Imagine my surprise when I looked out the bedroom window this morning and.......nothing? Huh

Just checked the BBC weather site again and now it says " Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze for today!" which is right, but any daft sod could tell that just looking out the window. Rolleyes

I'm sure I could do there job with the amount of times they get it wrong!

Thats moan over for today so I'm glad I got that out of my system! Big Grin Didn't fancy wading through deep snow anyway.

I'm sure you're not alone in you're feelings Vinny. You wouldn't want to wade in snow in your shorts either Smile.  When we moved here decades ago, we ranted to the neighbours about weathermen and that someone with a bit of seaweed could do better....ooops, both neighbours were meteorologists! I still maintained they were carp, neither disagreed, which was a surprise.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
Bright sunshine but the only place to enjoy it is the GH it's a lovely 22c in there. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Sun, rain, and hail so far today and snow forcast for tonight. That'll be the third lot forcast this winter already, but we've not had more than a shower so far. It can go snow up in the mountains where it belongs Smile And it has - best early season snow depths since 2012-13, known as an epic year.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Warm enough this morning to have a pootle in the garden but, by afternoon, it was very cold. The GH is currently 0.5C. Brrrrrr
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ wot not 30? Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
It had risen to 3 by bedtime! Its 12 now. Smile
When I looked out first thing the fog was so thick I couldn't see the end of the garden. Within the hour the fog had disappeared and we have blue sky and sunshine again. Which proves to me that one should never get up early as the weather's worse then!.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ wholeheartedly agree! Early mornings don't exist in my book. Dull and overcast here no fog, no sunshine either running at about 9°, P will be beside himself, we'll have to pay for leccy!
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
A little bit milder today than yesterday, allowing me to do a little bit outdoors. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie