2021 - How's your weather today?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Covering of snaw this morning. Walked the dog earlier in a blizzard of snow and hailstones. Seems to have backed off now, just freezing cold out.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another overcast day with a slight breeze. But flipping cold.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
Sunny but very cold here, I was glad to be wearing my lined trousers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Lovely and sunny this morning but it as cold, clouded over around 11:30 and remained cold and dull for the rest of the day.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Wet and windy today Sad

When I went into the conservatory first thing this morning, I realised the outside door had blown open! It has one of those fancy espagnolette locks where you have to push the handle upwards to engage the catch, and I evidently didn't do that when I came indoors yesterday. I'm still not used to being able to go in and out the back door Smile

Thankfully neither of the cats had noticed and done a runner (they're not allowed out unsupervised, as we're near a main road). Either that or they'd decided it was too nasty to venture outdoors. In future I'll be careful to lock it when I'm not pottering around the garden!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Very windy last night but wind has went down a bit. Its now just grey,cold  and 'missly' Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
(05-03-2021, 06:20 PM)Bren Wrote: Sunny but very cold here,  I  was glad to be wearing my lined trousers.

Is that another way of saying bloomers Bren? Big Grin
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Very wet today. Lots of water running down the road so I had to feel sorry for the man from the Water Board who came to my door asking for 2 glasses - one with some tap water, the other empty!! This happens regularly and I've stopped being surprised.
There's a covered reservoir across the road, full of treated drinking water for the City, water that has fallen in the Brecon Beacons many miles away. Because everyone is told to alert the Water Board when they spot a leak, someone who isn't a local, will spot water bubbling out of the roadside and report it to the Water Board, The Water man comes out to inspect the leak, take a sample of the bubbling water and test it against a sample of tap water - and they always seem to come to me for this!
To the best of my knowledge, after years of these tests, its not drinking water, but run off from the uphill springs and the roadway that finds a way into the conduits that carry the BT lines under the road. When the water reaches the same point (just before a BT manhole cover) the water is forced up and out into the road. It can be quite spectacular some days, not quite Old Faithful geyser, but interesting, nonetheless.
The very wet Water man took his bubbling water sample and tested it against the tap water, told me in words I didn't understand how the water quality differed, and gave me back my glasses, duly rinsed in hand sanitiser!!
You must excuse me when I get over-excited at seeing someone. Its quite a rarity these days. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Cold wet and miserable, last night was very windy, we are on yellow alert for wind and rain until tomorrow night
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yellow weather warning here too. Hope it subsides by tomorrow as someone is coming to replace my car windscreen (big crack) and I don't fancy seeing my car filling up with rainwater while the windscreen is out, or the windscreen taking off like a sail and blowing away down the road leaving me totally screen-less.!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man