Decisions, decisions... So many choices
Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
Trying to fit in all my dreams this year is hard - think my melons are finally not gonna get sown and debating about aubergine, as I really enjoyed the vast range of tomatoes, cucumbers and leaves last year Smile I also collect unwanted plant pots and give young plants away locally or for a small donation to Tiannas pocket money and Cat Protection.

I get to look after our greenhouse nd polytunnel, I sneak in my sweetcorn outside, and added garlic and squashes last year. While Mr M does the hard labour of digging and puppy proofing the veg areas, Last year was...

Outside
Runner beans, broad beans, peas, broccoli, brussels,  leek, onions, squash, beetroot, turnip, swede (failed), parsnip (failed), rainbow carrots,  strawberries, soft fruit, herbs, Potatoes 1st and 2nd,

Inside
Tomatoes, more tomatoes, cucumbers, Melons (sob), sweet peppers, basil & seedlings, pea shoots,

Tubs
Salad leaves, carrot tops, spring onions, herbs, radish.
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 5 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
As you said decisions, decisions, fortunately I don't have the same problems as I don't grow melons, or aubergines and outside I don't have the garden space for as many veg so I just go for what can be harvested fairly quickly as for giving plants away its mostly flowers that I have as excess, but any veg usually get shared out at the local garden club
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
The Melons I have tried for years, never got fruits, then 2 years ago got 2 golf ball ones, and last year had 4 tennis ball fruit. But I could use that space so much better... argh. whereas the Aubergine gave quite a few in the tunnel but I was unsure what to do with them, then the squash glut came and I really enjoyed Patty Pan instead so took easy option lol x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
If its any help, (and I doubt it) I've tried melons a couple of times but only succeeded with Minnesota Midget ?Real Seeds. Never managed a decent size swede or large pumpkin either.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie

Mamzie Offline
Ooh, now I could move to adding in growing a large pumpkin outside instead melons inside...

I really did enjoy the squash x
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mamzie's post:
  • Veggie