Jobs to do in the garden this weekend
Broadway Offline
(10-01-2021, 03:29 PM)mcdood Wrote: It definitely makes it easier to control the ph:  plant in ericaceous compost, use rainwater, occasional feed (I use comfrey juice) and jobs a goodun. Downside is you will need to water more often in dry periods but watering is easier than ph control in my view.
What size pots do you use Mick?
Regards..........Danny Smile

mcdood Offline
Mine are in cut offs of blue barrels so quite large maybe 50-55cm diameter but you can move up to bigger ones as you go. I would have thought anything from about 30cm diameter upwards would be ok though. I wouldn't stick a small plant into a large pot straight away though just repot into larger each year as required.
Maybe take some cuttings in Spring too so if you do have issues you have more plants to experiment with to get what works for you.

Broadway Offline
(10-01-2021, 03:49 PM)mcdood Wrote: Mine are in cut offs of  blue barrels so quite large maybe 50-55cm diameter but you can move up to bigger ones as you go. I would have thought anything from about 30cm diameter upwards would be ok though. I wouldn't stick a small plant into a large pot straight away though just repot into larger each year as required.
Maybe take some cuttings in Spring too so if you do have issues you have more plants to experiment with to get what works for you.
Ok thanks for the advice Mick

I think I will leave in pots for this year albeit in larger onesSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • mcdood