Total
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just got round to adding up last years chilli harvest weights. 
A very disappointing 47. 749kg . 

Hope to do much better this year. 
Last year I tried growing chillies for a particular reason and put restraints in place, so there wasn’t as much variety as normal. I really didn’t enjoy it as much. This year I’m going back to what I know & love, growing chillies because I want to, not because I have to. 

But none of that has anything to do with the amount of chillies the voles ate.  they probably got thought somewhere between 5-10kg especially Havana gold & Padron!
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 8 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
There's a name for your next chilli mix - Whackavole. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
47.7kg from how many plants? How many kg would you consider a good harvest? Have you found you didn't have enough for the products you wanted to make? All in all 47+kg sounds a horrendous amount of chillies to me, but then I've never even grown one Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Since I can't picture 47kgs of chillies I've had a google and its about the weight of a 2 month old horse.
There, that's easier to imagine.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, mcdood, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(08-01-2021, 11:41 PM)JJB Wrote: 47.7kg from how many plants?  How many kg would you consider a good harvest?  Have you found you didn't have enough for the products you wanted to make?  All in all 47+kg sounds a horrendous amount of chillies to me, but then I've never even  grown one Smile
So many questions    Wink  Big Grin . 68 plants. I expect to average about 1kg per plant. I have run out of some varieties already. Considering 2019 was 54kg ( 67 plants) and 2018 was 79kg (64 plants) (exceptionally good), last year was cr@p  Confused .
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-01-2021, 12:32 AM)Veggie Wrote: Since I can't picture 47kgs of chillies I've had a google and its about the weight of a 2 month old horse.
There, that's easier to imagine.Smile
It sounds quite a lot when you put it like that    Blush .
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(09-01-2021, 09:25 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 11:41 PM)JJB Wrote: 47.7kg from how many plants?  How many kg would you consider a good harvest?  Have you found you didn't have enough for the products you wanted to make?  All in all 47+kg sounds a horrendous amount of chillies to me, but then I've never even  grown one Smile
So many questions    Wink  Big Grin . 68 plants. I expect to average about 1kg per plant. I have run out of some varieties already. Considering 2019 was 54kg ( 67 plants) and 2018 was 79kg (64 plants) (exceptionally good), last year was cr@p  Confused .

I'm just nosy.  Like V, can't imagine that many plants let alone that many chillies.   Fingers crossed for a better season this year.  My couple of seeds haven't emerged yet.  They're not in a propagator so might not like the household atmosphere.  I'll be patient though.   Would they like the heat of the airing cupboard do you think?
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-01-2021, 10:11 AM)JJB Wrote:

I'm just nosy.  Like V, can't imagine that many plants let alone that many chillies.   Fingers crossed for a better season this year.  My couple of seeds haven't emerged yet.  They're not in a propagator so might not like the household atmosphere.  I'll be patient though.   Would they like the heat of the airing cupboard do you think?
Definitely, get them in the airing cupboard. Don’t forget to check them every day for germination. I’ve forgotten several times! They really didn’t like it. Once germinated and you take them out of the airing cupboard, if you could put a little plastic bag or half a pop bottle over the pot. Like a little mini greenhouse, on your window sill. I think they will be quite happy. If P starts whining, send him round. I’ll have a word   Wink .
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(09-01-2021, 10:29 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 10:11 AM)JJB Wrote:

Definitely, get them in the airing cupboard. Don’t forget to check them every day for germination. I’ve forgotten several times! They really didn’t like it. Once germinated and you take them out of the airing cupboard, if you could put a little plastic bag or half a pop bottle over the pot. Like a little mini greenhouse, on your window sill. I think they will be quite happy. If P starts whining, send him round. I’ll have a word   Wink .

I've done that and also threatened P.  He said he'd be happy to be 'chastised' he likes Mull and also likes  blondes.Big Grin. TMI
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ That made me giggle  Cool    Big Grin . Bless him, if only he realised..............  Wink .
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny