Pea beans
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
They have a few names Inca, orcha, yin yang or calypso, pea bean. I think they are all the same variety?

# edit - sorry, all the ones I have tried have been dwarf beans
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Mamzie, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(09-01-2021, 12:49 PM)mcdood Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:39 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Sorry I’m going to have to jump to veggies defence here. Her gardening style may be chaos personified  Big Grin . When it comes to seeds they all have there places and that place is organised to within an inch of its life. But no doubt with a certain veggie flare    Cool .
Fair point SC I may have confused planting chaos with seed storage excellence but it's been 33 minutes since she went to find the bucket, I rest my case your honour Wink
I've been busy, sorting seeds from the seed swap, mcdood Tongue  Can I tempt you to grow some? We have spares. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mamzie, mcdood, Scarlet, Small chilli

mcdood Offline
I grew YinYang and Inca Pea bean last year, the beans do look similar although Inca is more of a reddish purple whereas YinYang is black.
The plants are different though YingYang is a dwarf French bean as Scarlet says but Inca grows to about 5 ft and the pods form a bit differently to any CFB I've grown, the link you sent of Jack Edwards says lumpy and that's about right so I think Jack Edwards and Inca may be the same fella or certainly a similar strain.

Always happy to have more seeds Veggie I think we all share the seed hoarding trait Wink
I saved seeds this year mainly toms and beans previously donated by Scarlet and NG (thank you again ladies) as I want to keep the lines going but I didn't save with the intention of swapping so doubt I will have enough to go round everyone in the swap sadly. Also I wouldn't want to hold it up while I start bagging but I'll happily join any swaps going on this year.
[-] The following 5 users Like mcdood's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Mick, add you name to the Seeds looking for a home thread with any special requests, as I'll be sharing them out when I know who wants what!!

PS Still haven't been brave enough to furtle in my pea bucket. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mamzie, mcdood

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I'm having a late night furtle.............and the first oddity I've found is Bullroyd bean peas https://hsl.gardenorganic.org.uk/seedlis...d-bean-pea.
Do they do this just to confuse me even more?
These don't look like tiny whales, more like sheep's droppings.
  • Mamzie, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Finally, I've found some YinYang beans and Essex pea beans https://hsl.gardenorganic.org.uk/seedlis...x-pea-bean.
They were in the beans bucket, not the pea one!!
  • Mamzie, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The question is, within your filing system, do bean peas go in the same place as pea beans, or will they have their own place? Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mamzie, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Its a good question!!!....The reason why I had problems finding them is that I had filed them under their surnames - so bean peas were in the pea bucket and pea beans were in the bean bucket. Confused?? I was.!!!
They are quite different though. The bean peas are dark and look like some of the soup peas I also found in the bucket. They don't look very appetising at all.
The pea beans are pretty with their glossy, two colour coats - I want to play with them, which is probably why I've never sown any!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mamzie, mcdood, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Any chance, if you’re really bored you could take some photos of the actual seeds. Because I’ve never seen any that look like the ones I just to grow, I’d love to put a name to them. Not that I have any anymore.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Mamzie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller

Pea beans - as requested!!
Some brown and white, others black and white . That seems to be the only difference.
  • Mamzie, Small chilli