Looking for fuchsia
Spec Offline
As I can't get to any garden centers to buy fuchsia plugs, can anyone recommend any nurseries that would supply mixed varieties of fuchsia, when searching the Web I can only get various numbers of the same variety, so can anyone help me
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I can send you some cuttings from a variegated fuchsia & a miniature fuchsia. Just the flowers & leaves are miniature, the actual plants can get to a good size. Bees love it.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
What sort of fuchsias do you want? Hanging basket, bedding, planters, perennial, hardy?
Need to be more specific!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Spec

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Funnily, one of my neighbours has a variegated hardy fuchsia which is in flower even now. Cool I asked if I could take a few cuttings,and tried to root them on the kitchen windowsill without success. I don't know whether its the time of year, lack of heat or light, but in the past I have found fuchsias quite easy to root?How do i get cuttings to grow at this time of year? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The hardy fuchsias here flower through winter. One is, I think, Mrs Popple and the other one has yellow leaves.
Cuttings of new growth? I just cut bits off and push them in the ground where I want them to grow - then forget about them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Spec Offline
(05-01-2021, 07:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: What sort of fuchsias do you want? Hanging basket, bedding, planters, perennial, hardy?
Need to be more specific

I am looking for a selection of fuchsia both trailing and bush as for the rest they are covered by those two types they are all perennial, a good number of single flowering bush fuchsia can be classified as hardy the double flowered and trailing less so, all can be used for basket, bedding and planters, actually it is a good all-round plant.
  • Can the Man

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ That is so vague, Spec, that I'm going to stay out of this and leave you to find what you want - because I haven't the foggiest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
(05-01-2021, 07:53 PM)Vinny Wrote: Funnily, one of my neighbours has a variegated hardy fuchsia which is in flower even now. Cool I asked if I could take a few cuttings,and tried to root them on the kitchen windowsill without success. I don't know whether its the time of year, lack of heat or light, but in the past I have found fuchsias quite easy to root?How do i get cuttings to grow at this time of year? Huh

Vinny I would try a little bit of bottom heat at this time of year
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
Veggie there are a several fuchsia with yellow leaves, the most common one being Gennie which as no doubt you know is a good hardy fuchsia
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've no idea what they are, Spec. Mrs Popple (maybe) was in the garden when I moved here, and the yellow leafed one was grown from a cutting. There are some other hardy ones with smaller flowers but Mrs Popple is my favourite - she's so flashy and her berries are big and edible.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny