Ideas for series to watch on telly?
Broadway Offline
Hello Vinny,

One of the favourites we discovered this year is "Ghosts", iPlayer.

Others I liked were Doom Patrol, The Umbrella Academy, Ratched, His Dark Materials, Tales From The Loop (had to stick with this one!!)

Did you watch "Torchwood" in the end?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(04-01-2021, 07:48 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(28-12-2020, 04:02 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I don't particularly like TV - the other half has slowly become a TV addict. He works non stop, but doesn't read so winter evenings trying to get off a computer is difficult for him....so he binge watches series.

I'm usually doing something at the same time - but I did enjoy The Queens Gambit.
My husband and boys have always played chess -it's made them get the board out again rather than  playing on a computer. It's been a breath of fresh air.
Chess.com is free if you don't want all the bells and whistlers. I have been playing games against players from all over the world. I am on there every day for the last couple of years now. I keep four games running at all times and its the first site I go to each day. I have mine set to allow players up to 24 hours to make a move but they usually make half a dozen moves in this time so I can keep checking back throughout the day.
I joined last week, this is where we've been playing the family tournamentSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(04-01-2021, 07:48 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(28-12-2020, 04:02 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I don't particularly like TV - the other half has slowly become a TV addict. He works non stop, but doesn't read so winter evenings trying to get off a computer is difficult for him....so he binge watches series.

I'm usually doing something at the same time - but I did enjoy The Queens Gambit.
My husband and boys have always played chess -it's made them get the board out again rather than  playing on a computer. It's been a breath of fresh air.
Chess.com is free if you don't want all the bells and whistlers. I have been playing games against players from all over the world. I am on there every day for the last couple of years now. I keep four games running at all times and its the first site I go to each day. I have mine set to allow players up to 24 hours to make a move but they usually make half a dozen moves in this time so I can keep checking back throughout the day.
I just asked the OH - he also uses that site - he is Sidthedog Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Admin Offline
The Boss
Threads merged Wink
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
One day, you must remind me how? Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Just started watching The Witcher on Netflix. Only watched a couple of episodes so not sure if i like it or not yet.

Watched all of Raised by Wolves (never spotted a wolf) and I thought it was a load of twaddle with a ridiculous ending. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
^^^^Thanks Vinny was going to watch that, so saves me from wasting my time
Dont like stupid endings, which seems to be in favour just nowRolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(09-01-2021, 05:50 PM)Spec Wrote: ^^^^Thanks Vinny was going to watch that, so saves me from wasting my time
Dont like stupid endings, which seems to be in favour just nowRolleyes
Have you watched "Two Doors Down" Spec, on iPlayer?
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
Yes watched every one Danny Big Grin

Broadway Offline
(09-01-2021, 09:15 PM)Spec Wrote: Yes watched every one Danny Big Grin
Just on the 3rd series very funnySmile

I'm surprised by the language on the BBC! The characters are all great but the Mrs from Rab C. Nesbitt wins hands downSmile
  • Can the Man