Ideas for series to watch on telly?
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I love the Lincoln Rhymes books - will give it a go!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Finished a few things over the last couple of months....

The Witcher - Was OK liked the banter/humour
WandaVision - Watched with No.2 son as he's a marvel freak. Would have helped if we'd seen multiple films first! 
Vikings - End of an eraSmile
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel - Worth a watch
A Discovery Of Witches - Didn't really do a lot for me
The Stand - ***** imho
The Disappearance - ^^ditto
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • mcdood, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I loved WandaVision, but then I'm an MCU freak like Danny's son - can't wait for the "Loki" series in May!

I watched the first episode of "Dollface" on Disney+ last night, which I greatly enjoyed - I loved Kat Dennings (Darcy Lewis) in the Thor movies (she was in WandaVision too), so it's great to see her starring in her own show. Definitely one for the ladies, as long as you're not put off by sexual innuendo (the heroine works at an LA company that's an obvious parody of Gwyneth Paltrow's "Goop"), though it's only 14+ so not really very naughty! Only one episode is up so far - they're being released on Fridays, same as WandaVision.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

mcdood Offline
(09-03-2021, 12:19 PM)Broadway Wrote: Finished a few things over the last couple of months....

The Witcher - Was OK liked the banter/humour
WandaVision - Watched with No.2 son as he's a marvel freak. Would have helped if we'd seen multiple films first! 
Vikings - End of an eraSmile
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel - Worth a watch
A Discovery Of Witches - Didn't really do a lot for me
The Stand - ***** imho
The Disappearance - ^^ditto

Same with Vikings, I felt it lost it's way a few times during various seasons but was mainly very good.
Watched 2 eps of Strange and Norrel last night and found it hard work but as only 7 episodes in total we'll probably persevere. I really want to like it as I like Eddie Marsan.
Other Recent watches:  (that I remember)
Code Black - hospital drama, not good
Upload - Futuristic comedy - good concept - occasional funny moment - Okish but nearly stopped watching several times
Sinner Season 3 -  we loved season 1 of this but seasons 2 and 3were just Ok for me.
Watched Finding Alice (Keeley Hawes) on normal TV and enjoyed it (well we recorded it and then binged, can't be doing with weekly episodes)
Behind Her Eyes - Ok ish

Not really watched anything for a while that I would definitely put in the 'recommended watch' pile
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcdood's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
Have been watching stargate, find it enjoyable to watch and has a few funny bit in it
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Proserpina

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(09-03-2021, 06:36 PM)Spec Wrote: Have been watching stargate, find it enjoyable to watch and has a few funny bit in it

I have a lot of the Stargate DVDs: SG-1 seasons 1-8 (I think), and a complete set of Atlantis that I bought cheap from a work colleague. They're undemanding viewing and definitely funny at times - the 100th episode of SG-1, "Wormhole Extreme!" is a hilarious but affectionate parody of the show Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Spec, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Watched all 8 seasons of  Stargate SG-1. Tried to get into the Mandelorian but couldn't.

Don't know what to watch next as believe it or not, I don't watch a lot of television. Rolleyes Might have a try of Wanda vision.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I'm rewatching "Once Upon a Time" on Netflix at the moment. It's nice comfort viewing in a time of worrying news, since it's very upbeat and optimistic.

Basic premise is that, owing to a curse, the whole of an enchanted kingdom full of fairytale characters has been transported to a small coastal town in Maine, their memories wiped but living lives that in some way mirror their story selves: Snow White is a primary school teacher, Jiminy Cricket is a therapist, etc. The cast is great (Robert Carlyle is fantastic as one of the main villains) and it's made by a Disney subsidiary, so a lot of it will be very familiar to fans of the corresponding movies - though there are a few fun twists and changes that I won't spoil!
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood, Spec

mcdood Offline
Big Grin 
(10-03-2021, 04:16 PM)Eyren Wrote: The cast is great (Robert Carlyle is fantastic as one of the main villains)

Watched some of this a long  while back. I've liked most the stuff I've seen Robert Carlyle in. His character in this irritated the life out of me and is one of the main reasons I stopped watching it. It's a good job we're all a bit  different isn't it.
vive la différence Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren

Spec Offline
Vinny there are 10 seasons with stargate, just watched final episode 20 series 10 least night, you can pick it upon sky 1 on, I think, box sets
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man