Ideas for series to watch on telly?
Spec Offline
OH has recorded Darcey Bussell's wild coasts of Scotland, not usually envious of folk, but you should see the trailer load of seaweed that they use on their field Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(10-02-2021, 09:06 PM)Spec Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 02:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: Still watching WestWorld. In season two we have been to Shogun World with Samurai and a brief visit to Bengal with its tiger. Smile

It seems to me the producer was stuck for ideas so gawd knows where we will finish up next.(eek)

For some reason I am reminded of Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner series in the sixties.

I could never understand what was going on there either. Rolleyes

He was a Prisoner, (number 6 I think) and wanted to escape Big GrinBig Grin
.....and was being chased by a huge white beach ball from what I remember Rolleyes  Welsh village setting was nice though! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jay, Spec, Veggie

Jay Offline
Actually I think he was Number One! He always asked ‘Who is Number one?’ and the reply was always ‘You are number six’!
We have been to Portmerion in North Wales where the programme was filmed...it’s beautiful!!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(10-02-2021, 02:44 PM)Broadway Wrote: Unforgotten series 4 is due to be aired soon, not sure when. IMHO one of the best dramas ever. If you haven't seen it I urge you to try itSmile
Starts Monday 9pm ITV1
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Scarlet, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Has anyone watched White House Farm?
I remember this news running when I was a teen. My husband had it playing when I went into the living room the other evening and I instantly remembered his name - Jeremy Bamber. That's unusual for me as, but I remembered being horrified that a mother could kill her twin boys ( well before having my own) and then kill herself and her Mum and Dad leaving her brother behind.
So once again I've binged on it - definitely a must watch

# That stupid bloke with the unconvincing thick welsh accent should have been booted!
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, mcdood, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
(18-02-2021, 10:20 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Has anyone watched White House Farm?
I remembered being horrified that a mother could kill her twin boys ( well before having my own)

I don't understand the bit within the brackets. Confused Big GrinBig Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Jay, Scarlet

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I've heard of Back to Eden before but just watched the program on Youtube. Cool If you can see past the hosts evangelism it makes a lot of sense really.
I may give it a try on the plot myself. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Scarlet, Spec

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
New detective series starting on BBC 1 on Sunday night at 21:00hrs called Bloodlands starring James Nesbitt and Charlene McKenna 2 excellent Irish actors.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, Scarlet, Spec

Broadway Offline
(19-02-2021, 10:43 PM)Can the Man Wrote: New detective series starting on BBC 1 on Sunday night at 21:00hrs called Bloodlands starring James Nesbitt and Charlene McKenna 2 excellent Irish actors.
Already on the listSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Spec

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Highly recommend Lincoln Rymes - hunt for the bone collector, it’s on SkyWitness and is based on the movie starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. Super tv series, I just watched 4 episodes straight thru with the wife.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, Scarlet