Ideas for series to watch on telly?
mcdood Offline
(07-02-2021, 11:11 AM)Broadway Wrote: Finished Chernobyl this morning.

IMO it's a "must watch".

Agreed Danny, probably one of the best things I watched last year, not an easy watch but very good nonetheless.
[-] The following 3 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(07-02-2021, 11:33 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:27 AM)JJB Wrote: Watched the first episode of The Disappearance last night with P, will continue with it I think.  Sometimes it's a struggle to find something that both of us are prepared to watch together, so we end up in separate rooms.
Smile I saw that on a list I review of up and coming shows, what channel was it on JJB?
5star last night, on terrestrial.  Canadian based, I do so love their accents.  All about a youngster disappearing.  What list shows you  the new programs? I'd like to look at that, although we don't ave Sky or anything.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, mcdood

Broadway Offline
(07-02-2021, 11:38 AM)JJB Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:33 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:27 AM)JJB Wrote: Watched the first episode of The Disappearance last night with P, will continue with it I think.  Sometimes it's a struggle to find something that both of us are prepared to watch together, so we end up in separate rooms.
Smile I saw that on a list I review of up and coming shows, what channel was it on JJB?
5star last night, on terrestrial.  Canadian based, I do so love their accents.  All about a youngster disappearing.  What list shows you  the new programs? I'd like to look at that, although we don't ave Sky or anything.
Ok yer I saw it was on 5star, never heard of 5star but we have it!!

Here you go - https://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
(07-02-2021, 11:35 AM)mcdood Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:11 AM)Broadway Wrote: Finished Chernobyl this morning.

IMO it's a "must watch".

Agreed Danny, probably one of the best things I watched last year, not an easy watch but very good nonetheless.
Yes I said "must watch" as I couldn't think of what other words to describe it!
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, mcdood, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
We watched Collateral (the BBC version not the American with Tom Cruise), there were only 4 episodes but it was brilliant highly recommended
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, mcdood

Broadway Offline
Unforgotten series 4 is due to be aired soon, not sure when. IMHO one of the best dramas ever. If you haven't seen it I urge you to try itSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Still watching WestWorld. In season two we have been to Shogun World with Samurai and a brief visit to Bengal with its tiger. Smile

It seems to me the producer was stuck for ideas so gawd knows where we will finish up next.(eek)

For some reason I am reminded of Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner series in the sixties.

I could never understand what was going on there either. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood, Spec

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Just watching a couple of episodes of 911, a bit different than the usual American police procedural shows. I liked it enough to continue recording the rest.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood, Spec

mcdood Offline
Finished Little Fires Everywhere - american suburban drama, didnt think it would be my cup of tea but I enjoyed it. On Prime.
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Spec Offline
(10-02-2021, 02:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: Still watching WestWorld. In season two we have been to Shogun World with Samurai and a brief visit to Bengal with its tiger. Smile

It seems to me the producer was stuck for ideas so gawd knows where we will finish up next.(eek)

For some reason I am reminded of Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner series in the sixties.

I could never understand what was going on there either. Rolleyes

He was a Prisoner, (number 6 I think) and wanted to escape Big GrinBig Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man