2021 - What I did today
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I was watching the little birds at the bird table and one great tit would pick up a sunflower seed then perch on the edge of the table. There it would hold the seed between its feet, peck out the kernel then go back for another.
There were 2 dunnocks flitting about on the floor underneath hoovering up anything that was dropped off the table by the other birds.

In the garden I repaired a rabbit fence then weeded a patch so I can plant some lilies and gladioli bought by my son. I'll have to think what I can buy him that will mean he has to do some extra work that he isn't planning for.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Did some tidying up of all the bags and bits I had lying about at the plot this morning so I now have...

2 x 900litre bags of manure plus a few bin bags

2 x 900litre bags of leaves

1 x 900litre bag of paper/card shreddings

Also sown some more seed this afternoon
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Finished off tidying up my strawberry plants, fed them all with some sulphate of potash and moved them back into the poly tunnel.
Sowed some lettuce leaves seeds, also topped up the ericaceous compost on my blueberry plants, also fed them some liquid feed an some sulphate of potash.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Playing with the whacker plate again. Hopefully got it all packed down enough for a 20 ton lorry to reverse onto!
Planted an oak tree. Hope it doesn’t drown. 

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Did some raking of dead grass and montbretia and dumped it on the paths. As it dries out, I or the chooks will turn it over to stop anything rooting. I cecommend raking to keep you warm on a cold day.
Found a metal planter of hyacinths planted at least 2 years ago that I'd dumped in the undergrowth to "die back". That's my excuse. Wink Cleaned it up and brought it into the GH to flower. Shouldn't be long before they're smelling it out. I'm never convinced whether I like the smell or not?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Dug out a dead skyrocket fir, filled the hole with choiysia Sundance that I grew from a cutting nicked from the Isle of Wight. Now to convince P that it doesn't need pruning to within an inch of its life every spring. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I took four trays of brassicas and flowers I had sown and stuck them in the allotment greenhouse. Also purchased 30 metres of damp proofing 335mm wide for my allotment paths. Cool
While I was shopping at Aldi I bought a bag of peat free compost and some cottage garden seeds to rake into my wild area at the top of the garden.
Fasted for 26 hours and just finished a meal after that time. Sitting here bloated. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Tidied & got polytunnel ready for seed sowing. Went to work . Sown a few seeds. Helped Bob put a lid on the flow through filter system we build at the weekend.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Yesterday - Weeded the herb bed and tried to decide if I hate creeping buttercup or creeping cinquefoil foil.
Dug out the remains of the leaf beet and chard which have been devestated by voles this year and weeded the bed up to the remaining leeks ready to sow phacelia in the morning.
Strimmed the grass paths in the potager and cut all the edges of the beds.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Today - did the weekly sow list, weeded the bank bed and cut back the weeds/brambles along the drive bank.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Veggie