2021 - What I did today
Spec Offline
Complete change of plan today, was in the hut last night and realised that there is a lot of dampness on the plywood sheeting so have decided to stop any propagating as thats where the moisture is coming from, so back to the greenhouse for propagating, spent most of the day dismantling shelves and bench, but as I needed to move the bench anyway not any extra work now the bench has been moved I can now fit a fuse box with circuit breakers
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Did a little bit of work in the chilli tunnel.
Got Area 51 up and running again for the chillies, first one germinated this morning.
Made mixed game stock, puff pastry & now in the process of making a pie for tea.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Fed Mr Greedy with a bucket of droppings and woodchip from the chicken coop.
Had a play in the GH but did very little.
Straightened some of the supports in the netted GH frames - too cold to look for the screws that have come unscrewed in the wind recently.
Commiserated with the leeks that looked as cold as I felt.
Made 3 jars of Pickled Red Cabbage.
Did a lot of looking out of the window and drinking coffee.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Spec

Spec Offline
Just out of a shower, I always finish off with a cold shower and this evening the water was the coldest I have felt for a long time, I have washed down in burns when coming off the hills, but I don't remember it being as cold as that, maybe I am just getting old
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(04-01-2021, 09:19 PM)Spec Wrote: Just out of a shower, I always finish off with a cold shower and this evening the water was the coldest I have felt for a long time, I have washed down in burns when coming off the hills, but I don't remember it being as cold as that, maybe I am just getting old

Madness, sheer madness!  Smile  you'd be one of these daft enough to go swimming in the sea on Christmas day.  Brrrrrrrrr.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
Went for some shopping first thing today got in and out the shop before it was busy(have now been told by daughter that's the last, she will get whatever we needRolleyes) then out for a walk, quite slippery underfoot, made the lunch then OH needed some cash so walked up to the machine for that, then out to the greenhouse to continue work for the propagator now back in for a heat as it was -3 in the greenhouse, now need to go and lie down after making a rash comment earlierRolleyes

Just joking more than willing to subscribe Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Spec Offline
(05-01-2021, 10:44 AM)JJB Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 09:19 PM)Spec Wrote: Just out of a shower, I always finish off with a cold shower and this evening the water was the coldest I have felt for a long time, I have washed down in burns when coming off the hills, but I don't remember it being as cold as that, maybe I am just getting old

Madness, sheer madness!  Smile  you'd be one of these daft enough to go swimming in the sea on Christmas day.  Brrrrrrrrr.
Actually a cold shower is very good for you, there are a lot of health benefits from it and my OH must be very keen to keep healthy, as she is always telling me to go and take a cold showerSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Watched the snow fall - just enough to be cold, miserable and not very pretty. Drooled over dahlias and chillies on a couple of websites, I have a bit of Christmas money to spend.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:

Broadway Offline
Popped over the allotment, brought a couple more wet bags of soil to sieve!

Started work on the DIY Hotbin, polystyrene isn't easy to cut!

3rd game in the family chess tournament, been playing for 2 hours now my cousin needs a break to look after her 3 kids, excuses!!SmileSmile

Score flash later....Lost again, 2 breaks to feed then bed the kids, talk about gamesmanship SmileSmileSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:

Bren Offline
Been in the garden for parsnips, kale and sprouts after that made a batch of soups to go in the freezer.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post: