2021 What I sowed today
doublyjonah Offline
A friend and I ordered garlic and onion sets in the fall. She ordered several varieties (ahem by the kilo). And then I ordered elephant garlic as well (ahem again). I got some of the third variety of garlic in the ground today. One more to go...and then the onions........
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Sowed some chive seeds in a pot.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • doublyjonah, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I sowed some cactus Dahlias on the 17th and they are up! Cool  Three days has to be a record? Huh  Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, doublyjonah, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Can reminded me to sow some chives (one of my ungrowables...fingers crossed). Also sowed Beaver Dam, Cayenne, and Razzamatazz chillies, parsley, dill, leeks, Ailsa Craig onions, eryngium, and one more thing I can't remember. I said no indoor seed sowing in Jan, but then the seed parcel arrived. And if they're in the house, why not a few more? Sowing some things at the wrong time, but we'll just see how we go.
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Farendwoman, Scarlet, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Sowed Gerbera and Soup Celery and added them to propagator. Cool Dahlias out of the propagator now and sitting on the kitchen windowsill.

In a way, its a good job OH is disabled and rarely ventures into the kitchen as it is slowly evolving into a potting shed! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, doublyjonah, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(17-01-2021, 11:54 AM)Vinny Wrote: Now the snow is abating a little bit I have spotted a small plastic pot lying in garden. I will fill that with compost (once washed) and sow some Dwarf Cape Gooseberry seeds to bung in the propagator methinks. Cool

I am a little bit worried as I seem to be getting a lot of condensation on the inside of the propagator cover?
Do you have any vents on it?

The one I have that's in the Greenhouse does this -  I just tip up and water the seedlings with and give a wipe. All seems fine.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-01-2021, 04:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: Sowed Gerbera and Soup Celery and added them to propagator. Cool Dahlias out of the propagator now and sitting on the kitchen windowsill.

In a way, its a good job OH is disabled and rarely ventures into the kitchen as it is slowly evolving into a potting shed! Rolleyes
Mines a greenhouse/ Potting shed- one of my boys came home from Uni last year and said this is worse that a student house! Who has buckets of compost warming by the cooker and plant trays on the counter Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
What's a kitchen?
I have a propagator in the kitchen and another in the bedroom.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Scarlet, Vinny

JJB Online
Moonraker
(22-01-2021, 11:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: What's a kitchen?
I have a propagator in the kitchen and another in the bedroom.

With your GH temps and Mr Greedy,  you'll be cooking fry ups in the GH soon. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sowed some summer cabbages in modules in the kitchen.Smile
Primo 2
Greyhound
Hispi

They're "sow February - May" and, since its nearly February and I don't want to be bossed about by a seed packet, I sowed them. They're also sow by 2016 so I broke that order too and sowed lots.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny