Photo journal of the jonah plot
Admin Offline
The Boss
Well done...as already mentioned...its not your sole interest Big Grin

(Handy we can add more than 3 pictures per post)
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah

Mikey Offline
Kudos to anyone that takes on an overgrown plot. It takes graft just to be in a position to plant and finding the time when your life is upside down. Well that is nothing short of miraculous. You need a T-shirt that says behind every dirty nail and callus is a potato, on the back courgettes get your free courgettes here.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Back with another update. My phone reminded me of how the plot looked exactly a year ago, so I took a photo today to compare.

The wide shot doesn't look like much, but it's really come on a lot. We currently have second early and maincrop potatoes, onions, garlic, leeks, squash, pumpkins, tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, runner beans, CFB, DFB, kale, peas, mangetout, PSB, lettuces, parsnips, radishes, spring onions, courgettes, sweetcorn, several kinds of flowers, rhubarb, strawberries, black/white/red currants, apples, and some herbs growing/recently finished. It is rather shabby looking (no strimmer usage this year as it's a shared tool which is not allowed with the virus circulating), but I'm feeling pretty pleased.

We are learning some lessons about the necessity for protection from birds and other of nature's pushy friends. Apart from the rhubarb and fruit trees/ bushes, I think I've grown everything from seed. Also some lessons there about buying enough compost and feeding. Even if we don't eat anything else from the plot this year (bite my tongue!), it would still be our most successful year in a lot of ways. The new plot with ample sunshine makes a huge difference. And the advice we get from the forum is awfully helpful.
[-] The following 5 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK, Scarlet

SarrissUK Offline
That looks amazing! Well done! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:

Mikey Offline
There is not much more beneficial than eating your own home grown produce but, I’m more aware how growing it has been so good for my general wellbeing this year. I even get a nice buzz when I give it away and hear others enjoying it.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(01-07-2020, 07:49 AM)Mikey Wrote: There is not much more beneficial than eating your own home grown produce but, I’m more aware how growing it has been so good for my general wellbeing this year. I even get a nice buzz when I give it away and hear others enjoying it.
Definitely a lifeline this year. And watching my little one eating stuff from the plot is up there among my favorite things.
[-] The following 6 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, Mikey, Scarlet, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Here we are after about another month. In an in-between phase for most of our flowers. Harvesting beans, peas, courgettes, kale, and potatoes regularly. Perversely already planning for how we'll put the plot to bed to improve yields next year. We've liked the bits we've done no-dig-ish, so we'll try more of that next year. Eagerly awaiting cucumbers and tomatoes and pumpkin(s).

[-] The following 6 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well done 2xJonah. It looks amazing. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
It looks fabulous!
I also start planning now....I love seed sowing and so I always start browsing websites at this time of year - especially if it's raining. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Well done DJ, looks fabulous
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • doublyjonah