Chrysanthemums
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(31-12-2020, 09:34 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Never grown chrysanthemum so I’m going to ask a stupid question! Sorry  Blush . Why plants? Are plants better than seeds for starting chrysanthemum?
Are they the white leucanthemum daisy? Like thes ones that I grow in my borders? Typical cottage garden perennial plants.

They are perennials that will come back year after year with no trouble.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
That’s them . Thanks Scarlet
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Scarlet, Vinny

Spec Offline
Have put all my chrysants into the greenhouse to let them dry out a bit and till I have time to attend to them properly, i also have 3 from cuttings, they are actually from some stems which had got broken by the wind I stuck them down the side of a large pot and they have rooted and flowered, I will be leaving those to see if they survive the winter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • MartinH

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(30-10-2021, 07:16 PM)Spec Wrote: Have put all my chrysants into the greenhouse to let them dry out a bit and till I have time to attend to them properly, i also have 3 from cuttings, they are actually from some stems which had got broken by the wind I stuck them down the side of a large pot and they have rooted and flowered, I will be leaving those to see if they survive the winter
Mine haven't even come into full flower yet! Cry
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Spec