Slow Progress
Mikey Offline
I was quite late getting my toms going as I didn't anticipate the lack of compost availability. I had to start mine off in last years spent compost, and as a result they were a little wee. I also made the fatal mistake of using the compost that top dressed my toms from last year, and now have 90 odd plants with no identifying characteristics to tell one from another. I put 3 seeds in each pot and got 8-10 seedlings out of them.

Not to worry, these got transplanted on Tuesday evening late on, and the OH forgot to open the greenhouse while I was in work yesterday so killed about 50% of the little ones. I had spare but, whether I've got the types and numbers I need is a lottery.

Same old same old, every year is a mystery.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 6 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Moth, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's nothing better than surprises in the tomato department!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Wink 
(21-05-2020, 03:27 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's nothing better than surprises in the tomato department!
Is that a youthanism Mrs Slocombe.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
I got a couple of labels mixed up last year Toms still tasted fine just not the variety I expected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Can the Man

Mikey Offline
It probably helps if you grow clear variations as I do but, their appearance are quite similar until they start fruiting, and generally I like to give them a greenhouse each. So this year will be somewhat patchy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man