2021 - Growing Early Tomatoes
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
As VC a said - I think you still have them in the prop? As soon as mine show green I whip them out and grow on in the lightest spot.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
If they aren't in a heated prop. They need to be growing on slightly cooler. A windowsill should be colder than the rest of the room? Mine stay on the windowsill, keep turning the tray. Growing cool with as much light as you can give them will stop them getting to leggy.

Though mine are pretty tall at the moment. When I pot on I try to find the tallest narrowest pot I can find and pot deep.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Thanks Veggie and Scarlet
The prop is not heated
They are on a window sill and I do rotate them.
I think they are still to delicate to pot into bigger pots.
There is a radiator under the window sill
I have taken the cover off now for during the day and will put back on at night as the heating goes off and the room will get cold.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Can you move them to a windowsill without a radiator...........and rotate them more often?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
yes I can but then it might be cold for them

If I repot them now into individual pots how deep do I go into the pot ? All the way down to the 2 leaves ?
I intend planting them in raised beds in the poly tunnel when they are strong enough and the frost and cold weather is gone April maybe ?
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yep Can, plant the down to their first seedling leaves at this stage, I've even buried the larger plants deep too if they've become straggly
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
If they're indoors, they'll be warm enough. You don't want them to be too advanced yet as its a month or two before they can go out in your PT.

These are my early ones - potted on as deep as I could. Choose deep pots as you need to keep the roots going straight down,  not curled.
There are a couple of tiny Vilma seedlings that I should have left to grow a bit more before transplanting them but they were the last in the modules and I needed to empty it.

This windowsill is nowhere near a radiator - I move the plants away from the window before drawing the curtains in the evening.

[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(09-02-2021, 03:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: If they're indoors, they'll be warm enough. You don't want them to be too advanced yet as its a month or two before they can go out in your PT.

These are my early ones - potted on as deep as I could. Choose deep pots as you need to keep the roots going straight down,  not curled.
There are a couple of tiny Vilma seedlings that I should have left to grow a bit more before transplanting them but they were the last in the modules and I needed to empty it.

This windowsill is nowhere near a radiator - I move the plants away from the window before drawing the curtains in the evening.
I could do with some of those deep pots for potting on myself. Cool Must have a google or DuckDuck for them. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Just checked the propagator and my Heinz and Black Russian toms are up. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You could use disposable plastic cups as pots - if they still exist?
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny