Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Welcome to G&g.

I have a greenhouse and a shed. I also have a polytunnel frame but my site is too windy to cover it so I utilise the frame for other things. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
Welcome to  G&G DaiWig,  wish you well with your polytunnel and hot bed, I am just having a quick cuppa then out to the garden as it's sunny here as usual
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

DaiWig Offline
(20-12-2020, 01:59 PM)Spec Wrote: Welcome to  G&G DaiWig,  wish you well with your polytunnel and hot bed, I am just having a quick cuppa then out to the garden as it's sunny here as usual
Cheers Spec
Suns out here too (for a change) so will do more 'pottering' later Shy

DaiWig
Life is like a box of chocolates and so is a Polytunnel!
[-] The following 2 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
Hello DaiWig and welcome to G&G Smile

Enjoy your sunshine ours didn’t last long today so I got wet getting kale and parsnips for dinner.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, DaiWig, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Hi DaiWig from the west side of the Irish Sea Wink . Welcome to G&G, I’m a poly tunnel user, had great fun this year growing toms, cukes, and chillis. Had success earlier in the year and last year growing some early spuds in it. Had a disaster trying to grow spuds for Christmas, ended up with whitefly destroying all my spuds. Minimal success with strawberries but they were only young plants have decided they are going outside next year in a raised bed. Best success has to be carrots in the PT, growing all year round. No experience of a hot bed, don’t even know what it is.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, DaiWig, JJB, Veggie

Muckly Offline
Welcome DaiWig, full of envy for your polytunnel. I did build a hotbed many years ago (we have lots of horse manure so seemed like a good idea at the time) but it didn’t stay warm so ended up as a compost heap that the squash and pumpkins loved rambling over.
[-] The following 3 users Like Muckly's post:

DaiWig Offline
(21-12-2020, 12:31 AM)Muckly Wrote: Welcome DaiWig, full of envy for your polytunnel. I did build a hotbed many years ago (we have lots of horse manure so seemed like a good idea at the time) but it didn’t stay warm so ended up as a compost heap that the squash and pumpkins loved rambling over.
Cheers Muckly
Its an experiment only but seems to be working so far albeit slowly. Dont think the manure was fresh enough but having said that it should hit about 23 deg in 3 weeks (I love data and spreadsheets!) Rolleyes Ive got thermometer probes in the hotbed, the soil on top and the pots above that too, sad I know, see image.
Cheers
DaiWig

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Muckly, Veggie

DaiWig Offline
(20-12-2020, 03:07 PM)Bren Wrote: Hello DaiWig and welcome to G&G Smile

Enjoy your  sunshine ours didn’t last long today so I got wet getting kale and parsnips for dinner.
Cheers Bren. Same here, the rain came back with a vengeance
Cheers
DaiWig
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaiWig's post:
  • Can the Man

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Belated hello from the Pyrenees where it's too darn hot for a polytunnel although Ido have a little one for the winter with salads and the like.
Enjoy the banter Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:

DaiWig Offline
(26-12-2020, 02:12 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Belated hello from the Pyrenees where it's too darn hot for a polytunnel although Ido have a little one for the winter with salads and the like.
Enjoy the banter Smile
Welcome aboard. Im new to this too and so far the banter is pretty good! I wish it was hot here - rain, sleet and high wind (sprouts probably!) Tongue
Cheers
DaiWig
[-] The following 2 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie