Mulled wine recipe
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Calm down, Vinny. I leave the New Year's Day dip to hardier souls like you. Smile
Are you doing it this year?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I've just made a small amount of lazy mulled wine using gluhwein bags - they were left in a chalet. Its to make a batch of mulled wine icecream later!
For proper stuff I use an ancient recipe in the Times Cookbook (1972) by Katie Stewart. It calls for a bottle of claret Exclamation
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(16-12-2020, 09:51 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: I've just made a small amount of lazy mulled wine using gluhwein bags - they were left in a chalet. Its to make a batch of mulled wine icecream later!
For proper stuff I use an ancient recipe in the Times Cookbook (1972) by Katie Stewart. It calls for a bottle of claret Exclamation
1972 isn’t ancient! It’s a great year.......... I arrived on the planet    Big Grin  Rolleyes  Tongue .
I might have a bottle of claret in the wine collection  Blush .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(16-12-2020, 10:28 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(16-12-2020, 09:51 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: I've just made a small amount of lazy mulled wine using gluhwein bags - they were left in a chalet. Its to make a batch of mulled wine icecream later!
1972 isn’t ancient! It’s a great year.......... I arrived on the planet    Big Grin  Rolleyes  Tongue .
I might have a bottle of claret in the wine collection  Blush .

Tsk you young things Wink

We have a few bottles of Bordeaux too, but I wouldn't dare mull it. We have vin d'espagne in a tetra pak at 99c a litre for that  Big Grin
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
So I looked in the back of the cupboard (the top cupboard of a wardrobe) and those holiday memories came flooding back!!! The old days, when you could bring back a bottle of spirits/liqueur and ?6 bottles of wine duty-free. It was a good excuse for 3 holidays every year.Wink
I found Bacardi from the Bacardi factory in Puerto Rico, Gin bought to make sloe gin, 7 Star Metaxa Brandy (Greece), some Fruity liqueurs from Turkey, Marsala and 3 bottles of Strega (Italy), Jim Bean whisky (USA), Port from Portugal, Madeira from bet you can't guess; and from goodness knows where - Tequila, Vodka, Tia Maria, Jaegermeister, Isle of Jura single malt, 3 bottles of various sherries, Ginger Liqueur and more that I can't remember.
Now I have a decluttering plan - to drink it in 2021..............and not buy anymore wine until its finished. Rolleyes Not as easy as it sounds as I don't like most spirits and will need to dilute them all with lemonade or ginger ale. Still, its a small sacrifice to make for an empty cupboard!!!

There was also bottle of Ginger Ale - Best before April '06........the bad news is - it was flat.
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I think we’ll all be Seeing in the new year round at your place then veggie . Just to help de clutter  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:

Broadway Offline
Your posts are mad enough alreadySmileSmileSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You'd be very welcome! I'm going to struggle with some.
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Cointreau and lemonade tonight. The Cointreau bottle was opened at least 15 years ago but what's left in there should keep me going for a few nights. If I'm ill, please tell the Doctor what I've drunk.Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli