Love your Leftovers!
JJB Offline
Moonraker
You didn't say whether it was delicious, but as you say you're going to do it again, it must have been ok.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I enjoyed it, JJB. Its all part of my decluttering plan - clearing out the cupboards - and the "buy nothing" unless its essential challenge I've set myself. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I followed your example and sorted the kitchen store cupboard and found a tin of black treacle from the '90's. Several other tins of out of date. stuff I fed to P, and he's still breathing, I haven't managed to kill him off yet, but I'm still trying. Big Grin
That's as far as my decluttering went. The wardrobe beckons, but that's not going to happen quickly. Why is it if you throw something away you need it next week?
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Mamzie, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Two years ago I helped a neighbour who was moving to Scotland by emptying her kitchen cupboards (and wardrobe - but that's another story) and taking all the foodstuffs. Amongst this haul was a packet of Paul Hollywood Garlic & herb Tear 'n' share Bread mix. (BB Sept 2017!!!). Yes, I admit, I'm a hoarder. Blush
Today, I thought I'd try making it, in the certain knowledge that it wouldn't rise but might make a pizza base.

I mixed in some oil and water as instructed, then for the kneading..............I know from experience that whenever my hands are messy, my nose will run (sorry, too much detail) so I thought I'd see how much I could do with a wooden spoon (for the dough, not my nose!). I stirred it well but it was sticking to the side of the bowl. Not to worry, I'll find the rubbery bowl scraper from the 25 year old Kenwood Chef.
I plunged the scraper into the dough and gave it all a vigorous stir, removed the scraper to find that bits of it had broken off in the dough!! Worse than that, the rubbery bits are the same colour as the garlic bits.

I've pushed and pulled the dough apart and found 3 bits but there's still some missing..........or I'm no good at jigsaw puzzles. 
The bad news is that I'll never get to taste it, the good news is that I've decluttered a packet and a scraper.

Thinks...............will Mr Greedy eat bread dough?
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Seeing your disasters and a professed dislike of baking, I'm surprised you have a Kenwood Chef. In hindsight it might have been a good move to air the KC using the dough hook. Shame about the dough I would have been interested in the result - I think I have something similar in the cupboard somewhere. Your loss is Mr Greedy's gain.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Mr Ken Wood (which was also the name of the piano tuner who was found, by my husband, underneath the grand piano with me - much to Ken Wood's embarrassment and our amusement)............lives in the top of a cupboard and I need a stepladder to fetch him down. He was bought to slice up apples for winemaking..............I have a breadmaker (in the garage) for bread. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm sure there is yet another story around the piano tuner. When the time is right you must tell all.
How different we all are (thankfully) my Mr Wood and bread maker are in weekly use, so nearer the ground. They both break my back but it's better than step stools.
On the subject of leftovers, we've just finish a re-run of Christmas dinner from leftovers, almost nicer without all the fuss , high expectations and slightly smaller portions. Note to self, get a smaller joint next year. Did you have a few beans leftover Veggie? Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
Is this a good time to mention I own 3 Kenwood chefs, one in use daily the others are working spares.

Used it today to turn leftover lamb into rissoles they’re in the freezer now along with the roast parsnips and potatoes.
I love rissoles Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I too love rissoles, not something you hear about often these days. Brilliant.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Bren, Veggie

Bren Offline
Rissoles are really easy.

Minced lamb and onion
A egg
Cinnamon
Parsley
Either oats or bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
Mix tog form into patties
I roll them in seasoned flour or bran
Then shallow fry

Based on a old Delia Smith recipe from years ago.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie