Invasive garden plants
Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I think that’s a very good idea. Putting the thugs together to fight it out. I have no idea who would win.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Re-reading this thread has made me think I may have created a problem for myself Sad I've had a pot of Japanese anenome lurking and looking unloved but in flower. It was given by a pal. Tbh she did say its a bit of a thug. I've gone and planted it in the back of my flower border to fight with the plox and tall campanula. I have a feeling I might just regret it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Don't worry too much about the Japanese anenomes - mine have been in their spot for years and haven't gone rampaging everywhere. I don't mind if they do spread as they're so pretty.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, MartinH, Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
I like Japanese anemone flowers too and they're great a great forage for bees in autumn. They probably won't completely take over a border, ours don't get past the zone of death around the rhododendron for example. They're just hard to remove if you do ever want to get rid of them like I had to when planting the apple trees. They still pop up around the trees years later.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie