Memories
Spec Offline
I bought a bag of dolomite lime on line, delivered today, now really don't know if I purchased it for the garden, or because of the memories it re-kindles, when working in the local steelworks I must have shovelled tonnes of the stuff when fettling the furnaces, now I am wishing I had taken some bags of it, it would have lasted for years and saved me some money Rolleyes Big Grin
Do you use anything in the garden which brings back memories
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(20-11-2020, 01:10 AM)Spec Wrote: I bought a bag of dolomite lime on line, delivered today, now really don't know if I purchased it for the garden, or because of the memories it re-kindles, when working in the local steelworks I must have shovelled tonnes of the stuff when fettling the furnaces, now I am wishing I had taken some bags of it, it would have lasted for years and saved me some money Rolleyes Big Grin
Do you use anything in the garden which brings back memories
The good thing about dolomite limestone is that it can still be used on areas for tatties as it doesn't cause 'scab' like garden lime. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
Thanks for that Vinny, I wasn't aware of that
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have a bag of garden lime in the shed - its as old as the bag of Growmore alongside it - neither have been opened or used. Both bought when I first had an allotment and they seemed to be "essential".
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga

Spec Offline
Like you I have never put any lime on my garden, but I have soaked my soil with acetic acid (vinigar) and I am hoping that with all the heavy rain then some lime it will clear it out
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
Correction I have used lime in the past, I tried adding lime to combat clubroot, but found that if you want to grow brassica in ground with clubroot, get your plants in to the ground early so that they are well established before the fungus starts moving
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny