Advent Seed Calendars
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Some of you may remember that for the last few years I've been "making" my own Advent Seed Calendar - basically, dipping my hand into a bag of seed packets each day and sowing a few of whatever I pull out. I know that SC has joined me in this Festively Nutty adventure - even making her own amazing Advent calendar. Smile

I've just had a mail shot from Victoriana Nurseries selling one for £55 https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Chri...UeUo7wXSIw and I saw another retailer I'd never heard of with one for sale. 

I'm giving you advance notice that I shall be doing this again this year - and it will cost far less than £55. Wink I'd welcome some company while I try to get in the Festive mood.  Rolleyes
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’m in  Cool . I’ll join you with a seedy advent calendar    Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I knew I could rely on you SC. Smile
Incidentally, Victoriana do a few other advent calendars, including a chilli one. https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Chri...-Calendar/
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don’t need temptation like that put in front of me. Big Grin . 
My advent is going to be all flowers.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Spec Offline
I thought that this was a good idea till I read that word "COST" a word that makes a cold shiver run up my back Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's NO COST if you already have the seeds and I know that you bought some today so you have no excuse not to join us. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Come on Spec join in. You know we all have fun when we get together   Big Grin . Remember the plug plants    Wink
  • Spec, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
(11-11-2020, 09:18 PM)Veggie Wrote: Some of you may remember that for the last few years I've been "making" my own Advent Seed Calendar - basically, dipping my hand into a bag of seed packets each day and sowing a few of whatever I pull out. I know that SC has joined me in this Festively Nutty adventure - even making her own amazing Advent calendar. Smile

I've just had a mail shot from Victoriana Nurseries selling one for £55 https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Chri...UeUo7wXSIw and I saw another retailer I'd never heard of with one for sale. 

I'm giving you advance notice that I shall be doing this again this year - and it will cost far less than £55. Wink I'd welcome some company while I try to get in the Festive mood.  Rolleyes

Veggie, do you mean picking out a random pkt of seeds each day of December. then sowing then, or keeping said seeds to sow when recommended, prob next spring.  I know your penchant for sowing out of season Smile  not a lot of hope here for a tomato surviving.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I'm in!

I have all my seeds very organised so it would be impossible to just dip. However I also have a box of Maybe Too Olds which usually just get scattered somewhere in the spring but this year will get that special Advent Treatment Smile

(As long as we can keep the fact that NOTHING has germinated a secret?)
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(12-11-2020, 09:47 AM)JJB Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 09:18 PM)Veggie Wrote: Some of you may remember that for the last few years I've been "making" my own Advent Seed Calendar - basically, dipping my hand into a bag of seed packets each day and sowing a few of whatever I pull out. I know that SC has joined me in this Festively Nutty adventure - even making her own amazing Advent calendar. Smile

Veggie, do you mean picking out a random pkt of seeds each day of December. then sowing then, or keeping said seeds to sow when recommended, prob next spring.  I know your penchant for sowing out of season Smile  not a lot of hope here for a tomato surviving.
Yes vey means a randomly selected pack of seeds to be sow every day of December ( not the whole packet, unless you want too  Big Grin ) . I grow tomatoes last time we did the advent seed calendar. They were one of my best growers for that time of year. So that’s thrown that excuse of of the window   Tongue . Come on join in, you know you want to  Wink .
  • JJB, Mamzie