Columnar fruit trees
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I just came across an advertisement on Instagram for these, and went onto the website. Anybody got any experience of growing these types of fruit trees, they sound very intriguing to me.

https://www.mylittletree.co.uk/mylittlet...w5TOYI0wvk

I hope this link works.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Broadway Offline
Morning CtM

I'm also interested in getting some new fruit trees for the plot / yard as well.

Although not the same as the Columnar trees I did some searching and came across the package below, are these prices too good to be true, what do people think?

Dwarf Patio PILLAR Fruit Trees Mini Orchard Collection - 6 Different Trees
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(10-11-2020, 09:32 AM)Broadway Wrote: Morning CtM

I'm also interested in getting some new fruit trees for the plot / yard as well.

Although not the same as the  Columnar trees I did some searching and came across the package below, are these prices too good to be true, what do people think?

As long as you are aware they are bare rooted trees Danny they look to be a reasonable deal.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(10-11-2020, 12:59 AM)Can the Man Wrote: I just came across an advertisement on Instagram for these, and went onto the website. Anybody got any experience of growing these types of fruit trees, they sound very intriguing to me.

https://www.mylittletree.co.uk/mylittlet...w5TOYI0wvk

I hope this link works.
I think the two words that appear to be missing are 'Self fertile'.

I may be wrong, but if you don't have the pollinators to go with them (especially apples which sometimes are triploid and require three pollinators) you may not get any fruit. I haven't fully read the blurb, but don't think some of these cultivars are self fertile?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(10-11-2020, 10:35 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 09:32 AM)Broadway Wrote: Morning CtM

Although not the same as the  Columnar trees I did some searching and came across the package below, are these prices too good to be true, what do people think?

As long as you are aware they are bare rooted trees Danny they look to be a reasonable deal.
Hi Vinny

Yes I realise they are bare root.

The dilemma I have is I may not have the plot fully ready for this/next year. Is there any benefit in getting them this year and planting in large pots for now(i.e. to get  a year’s growth on them)?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man