Identification Please?
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I was pretty sure it was wild garlic but because you'd said it didn't smell of anything, it threw me.
It is very invasive. A friend had it in her garden and it stank! She couldn't weed it all out, every year it came back more and more.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(06-03-2021, 07:14 PM)Veggie Wrote: I was pretty sure it was wild garlic but because you'd said it didn't smell of anything, it threw me.
It is very invasive. A friend had it in her garden and it stank! She couldn't weed it all out, every year it came back more and more.
I thought so too. Rolleyes You have just put me off buying some fresh Ramsom seed Veggie. I have sowed some old seed that I have and it hasn't grown. Maybe its a good thing in a way. I was going to plant it around my soft fruit bushes as a ground cover but I don't fancy garlic infused gooseberries and blackcurrants now. Cry
I'll just have to go with the original plan of planting out spare strawberries around fruit bushes as ground cover. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(05-11-2020, 04:31 PM)Spec Wrote: Rather than start a new thread, could anyone tell me the name of this shrub
It looks like a cornus dogwood to me - it produces tiny black berries. Im going to google later...
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
^^^ Another slow reader. Wink
Spec, what does your shrub look like now?
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sorry, I haven't been myself and I've got a big project on that's taking over my life! I hope SC fairs better on her house that my 12ft square extension. I hate listed planners. Water table, stee supports and old crumbly stone not to mention dust. I've never had to clean so much in my life. Everything is covered in it....and my phone is also on its way out.

Ok - so that's my Sunday whinge over
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Alright - you're excused!! Whinge to your heart's content - just don't ask me to come and clean for you.Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
OMG! It's horrible fine chalk like dust everywhere. Clouds of it whenever we move anything....I've also had several plumbing issues and a few floods Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Spec Offline
(07-03-2021, 12:31 PM)Veggie Wrote: ^^^ Another slow reader. Wink
Spec, what does your shrub look like now?
Not sure Veggie, it's mixed in with the rest of the compost Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Moth, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(06-03-2021, 06:53 PM)Broadway Wrote: Firstly apologies to Veggie and Eyren for deleting my previous post after you'd replied!

I decided I wanted to get a better picture and more evidence so I popped back today.

Anyway this time I picked and scrunched a few leaves and god the smell of garlic was unbelievable!

Yay, I was right! Evidently it was worth freezing my toes off all those years ago, as a young graduate working in urban ecology Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
No qualifications for me - just in interest in wild plants and looking up plants I didn't recognise in a book. i still prefer books to Google.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Small chilli