Cuttings dilemma
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
And it’ll leave space for more cuttings from future raids on other gardens  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I have a couple of buckets around the garden that I bung cuttings in - then forget all about.
Found one yesterday with some hydrangea cuttings I took from somebody's garden a couple months ago - they all have roots now and are ready to pot/plant out.
If you're pushed for time, its worth starting them in water until you're ready to do it properly!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve never had much luck with the just stick them in water technique.

My multi pot cutting thingy with the funny name is doing a good job.
https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.php?tid=275

They need repotting as well .
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Mine's full of spring onions now! The Radish pot came out and the lettuce went crazy before I did anything with them so its just the onions left.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
A bit late to the party but I find spring a bit late to split. Often they have grown a little bit..so they are a bit bigger and if they have had a little room they do put on some decent growth.
When they are in their own pots it saves so much time when you are in the busy/spring frenzy.

I've spent the last few days, cleaning out the greenhouse ready to put in all my plants/seedlings that I've moved on into bigger pots. Currently, pitting up more in the kitchen Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ps.... Sp I've just potted up about 30 lupine Smile from your seed last year. Hoping they get big enough to put in the garden next Spring.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-10-2020, 12:38 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Ps.... Sp I've just potted up about 30 lupine Smile from your seed last year. Hoping they get big enough to put in the garden next Spring.
I found a lupin coming up between 2 paving slabs on a path between 2 of my veggie beds yesterday! I’m going to have to try and transplant it before it gets to big or stood on.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've got a self sown dahlia in mine - I've been patiently waiting for it to flower but I don't think It's will have enough time now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie