The Boss
Shingles is normally at 70 I think
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
(03-10-2020, 02:58 PM)IBroadway Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 02:51 PM)JJB Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 02:43 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 02:39 PM)JJB Wrote: I had one with my first flu jab last year.  All very easy, no reaction to either.  Funnily, the second flu jab (the medics say) is the one they worry about if there is going to be a reaction, I.e. anaphylaxis,  that's why they told me to go to a doctor's surgery rather than a pharmacy or bulk jabbing station.  Thankfully no problem there either.
Thanks JJB

On my recommendation Mrs B had the flu jab for the first time last year, her arm has only just recovered! !

Suffice to say she isn't having it the year!
Wow, serious side effect!  I wouldn't either in those circumstances.   Was her arm bad for a year?!
My mum would never have them,  she said they gave her the flu and she could do without that. Smile
Pain in the arm/shoulder only just got the full movement back. She had a cortisone injection and was on various medication
 I thought my flu jab giving me pain for 3 days was bad enough but  MrsB had big problemsSad
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
My husband hasn't got a spleen so has the pneumonia jab every 5 years. The year that he has it is usually his "best" year...doesn't usually even get the sniffles.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I get my flu jab every year at the docs however this year because of scarcity of vaccine I’ve managed to get an appointment with Booths Chemist but it is not until November.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just been for my flu jab (only had it twice before) but thought I should this year. Asked the nurse who was eligible for the pneumonia jab, just a casual enquiry, and within seconds she'd given me that as well.
So I've had a double whammy today. opted to have both in the same arm, rather than one in each. Don't want an arm that's too painful to lift a glass of wine. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Mark_Riga, Proserpina, Scarlet, Small chilli

Broadway Offline
(18-11-2020, 02:56 PM)Veggie Wrote: Just been for my flu jab (only had it twice before) but thought I should this year. Asked the nurse who was eligible for the pneumonia jab, just a casual enquiry, and within seconds she'd given me that as well.
So I've had a double whammy today. opted to have both in the same arm, rather than one in each. Don't want an arm that's too painful to lift a glass of wine. Smile
I make you right about the same arm Veggie although mine wern't the same day.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-11-2020, 03:53 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(18-11-2020, 02:56 PM)Veggie Wrote: Just been for my flu jab (only had it twice before) but thought I should this year. Asked the nurse who was eligible for the pneumonia jab, just a casual enquiry, and within seconds she'd given me that as well.
I make you right about the same arm Veggie although mine wern't the same day.
.....or even Right about the Left arm.Wink
It feels a bit sore already so I touched it with my other hand. There was a big lump where the pneumonia jab was!! Aaaghhh. Hastily peeled off about 3 layers of clothing to have a look.

Relax!!! I'd forgotten there was a dressing on it as it was bleeding a bit.  Rolleyes
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Mamzie, Scarlet

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I've had the pneumo jab and get a flu jab each year as the immunospressants I take for RA make me especially prone to lung problems - Covid 19 is a bit of a worry!!

**Rant Alert**

I'm finally getting my flu jab on Friday. I'm supposed to get a document in the post each year so that I can just roll up tot the pharmacy and have it done. This year the people in charge eventually decided (after almost 2 months of pestering) that they wanted me to see my GP to confirm that I really need one, even though my condition is the same and my rheumatologist was very insistent that I get it done. But no, it was decided in a time of a health emergency it was much better that I go and sit in the Dr's waiting room with a load of sick people first!
Rant over. (French healthcare is usually very efficient!)

Not had bad side effects from either vaccine thank goodness, as all that sounds awful, Danny.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Mamzie, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(18-11-2020, 05:31 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: I've had the pneumo jab and get a flu jab each year as the immunospressants I take for RA make me especially prone to lung problems - Covid 19 is a bit of a worry!!

**Rant Alert**

I'm finally getting my flu jab on Friday. I'm supposed to get a document in the post each year so that I can just roll up tot the pharmacy and have it done. This year the people in charge eventually decided (after almost 2 months of pestering) that they wanted me to see my GP to confirm that I really need one, even though my condition is the same and my rheumatologist was very insistent that I get it done. But no, it was decided in a time of a health emergency it was much better that I go and sit in the Dr's waiting room with a load of sick people first!
Rant over. (French healthcare is usually very efficient!)

Not had bad side effects from either vaccine thank goodness, as all that sounds awful, Danny.
Good luck Friday PP,

I was lucky with mine as I got in quite quick this year!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Mamzie, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I have a selection of immune challenges including Inflammatory arthritis along with severe asthma so they started me on the pneumonia injection last year, I think they said every 5 years. I also get the Flu vaccine. For the last month or so, I am having weekly B12 injections, they started off with 6 in a fortnight, as they think I have neurological damage from a missed deficiency. I am quietly hopeful as been waiting a year for referral to Falls clinic. I feel like a pin cushion.

If anyone is on Shielding list then they are offering Flu Jabs to all the household in Wales, maybe elsewhere as well.
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie