No. 2 - I-Spy or Not Daily Alphabet Challenge
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’d like to spy pepper plants that don’t get eaten by mice & voles. Also pretty as a postcard cottage style garden without the work.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I missed O. So my wish for O is an orangery, not sure what a real orangery is but in my imagination it is a lovely sunny heated Victorian style greenhouse, probably leaning against a wall with orange trees explored along it. In reality my mum and dad had a lemonry and an orangery, but they were pretentious names for gerry built home made sheds totally unbeautiful.

My P is a potting shed that is purely dedicated to potting rather than being either the greenhouse or a tray on the ground when gh is full. I do have a shed with a bench but it gets taken over by all the other detritus of growing life and there's no room for 'potting'. Do you think I could convince P to build another shed somewhere.... not a chance. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
A bit of a catch up

N more nasturtiums because you can't have to many of them, they look pretty, bee's love them, and you can eat the flowers and seed pods.

O for Orangery from what I can make out they're a posh conservatory but with more bricks, anyway I'd love one instead of the lean-too we have.

P for a peacock, I saw one in the next village wondering around the roads in into peoples gardens and I thought if I had one keep it safe.

Lastly Q so i'm up to date
Q for Quince its a pretty blossom but mostly because I've seen a fair few recipes.

just spotted JJB also went for a orangery we must have good taste Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My P is in Paths - a hard surface one that goes down one side of the garden and back up the other - a Ring Road - to make wheelbarrow wheeling easier.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Bren

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's Qs, and frantically trying to think of my own
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'd like to SPY an increased Quota of Quinces that Quaintly Quapture the Quintessental Quaroma of Quatumn..................I have a meagre one this year!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Norfolk Grey

Norfolk Grey Offline
Pest Controller
P - Pittasporum that actually lasts through a winter
Q - Queen honey bee with her entourage (unfortunately my colony grew week and i lost them ?)
1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, 4....
5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, more!
[-] The following 2 users Like Norfolk Grey's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(18-10-2020, 01:05 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'd like to SPY an increased  Quota of Quinces that Quaintly Quapture the Quintessental Quaroma of Quatumn..................I have a meagre one this year!
Funnily enough someone on our local Nextdoor network is asking people to come and help themselves to his overabundance of quinces.  Are they any use for anything apart from quince jelly?
Greetings from Salisbury

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Be aware - there are 2 sorts of "quince" the big yellow furry ones like lumpy pears and the little orangey yellow Japanese Quince/chaenomeles that lots of people called quince.
The only time I've cooked big quince was in Oz after a visit to a pineapple plantation when I was given lots of fresh pineapples and had already acquired quince from somewhere too. So I cooked them both together and made quince and pineapple jam. From memory it was delicious and I wish I'd thought of Pineapples when we were on P yesterday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(18-10-2020, 06:25 PM)Veggie Wrote: Be aware - there are 2 sorts of "quince" the big yellow furry ones like lumpy pears and the little orangey yellow Japanese Quince/chaenomeles that lots of people called quince.
The only time I've cooked big quince was in Oz after a visit to a pineapple plantation when I was given lots of fresh pineapples and had already acquired quince from somewhere too. So I cooked them both together and made quince and pineapple jam. From memory it was delicious and I wish I'd thought of Pineapples when we were on P yesterday.
I had no idea, but it the picture on Nextdoor it looked like a tree and I did wonder how a japonica became the size of an apple tree.  You learn something new every day, thanks V.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie