Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons so the saying goes....
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The more one uses the Forum, the easier it is to find your way around, and, like Sarriss, you find your our own way of using it.
We all have our favourite bits and its probably only the Pest Controllers who read everything. As I said earlier, if you're not interested in a topic, toggle it off.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I pretty much use the ‘todays posts’ and only go to the subsections if I want to find an old thread to post on or to start a new thread. I agree with Neffa I think there are to many subsections but I have found my way of managing them.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Vinny

Bren Offline
I just click 'Todays Posts' then read anything that takes my interest but being nosy I usually read everything Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Just saying. If we didn't have the subsections, how would we find anything on a different subject that is of interest. Just the other day, I remembered Mark telling me about dried beans, but wouldn't have found his post is I hadn't got the Everthing Legumes thread. If you remember something from the nonsense thread its incredibly difficult to find.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Exactly right, JJB.
If you only want to read other people's posts and, maybe, reply to them, use "new posts" but, if you want to start a new topic it helps to put it in an appropriate thread.
Just because the "General" Board says that you can post anything there - it really means off-topic stuff, not gardening posts that would be better in the relevant place. - otherwise,we Pest Controllers have to move them for you.

There is a Search facility on the forum - a "magnifying glass" at the very top of the page. Select it, type in the key word and find all the references.
The 4 Bars to the right of the magnifier has an Advanced Search option where you can refine the search in all sorts of ways - user name, date, topic.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Never had to use search yet, but thanks for pointing it out.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
Mostly use Today's Posts and Search unless I'm raising a new topic that fits one of the categories / subs
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, Veggie